Florida Agency Gets $3M for Train Studies
- MAINE: State to Buy Rail Lines. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;10/25/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33404, p9
The article reports on the government expenditures of 20.1 million dollars to buy 233 miles of rail lines to retain freight-rail service in the northeast sector in Maine.
- Officials await rail funding news. // Corridor Business Journal;1/25/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 27, p13
The article reports on the move of the U.S. whether to approve or not the federal funding on the proposed passenger rail service between Chicago and Iowa City as part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 stimulus initiative.
- Large-scale lines closures planned across Romania. // Railways Illustrated;Jun2011, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p86
The article reports on the plan of the Romanian government to close some of its line networks as part of its public expenditure cutting initiative.
- Portuguese line closures? // Railways Illustrated;Oct2011, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p77
The article discusses the closure of Portuguese rail network in order to reduce expenditure of Portuguese government.
- New billions for transit. Miller, Luther S. // Railway Age;Mar99, Vol. 200 Issue 3, p63
Focuses on the fiscal year (FY) 2000 budget of United States President Bill Clinton for rail transit systems. Allocation of the funds; Projects included for full-funding grants in FY 2000.
- Carbon credits fund fleet. // Railway Gazette International;Jun2011, Vol. 167 Issue 6, p20
The article reports on the plans of the Estonian government in 2011 to spend 45 million euros raised by selling surplus carbon credits to buy a maximum of 16 trams to be used in Tallinn, Estonia.
- Trans-Java modernisation. // Railway Gazette International;Jan2012, Vol. 168 Issue 1, p12
The article reports on the start of the tendering process initiated by Indonesia's Transportation of Ministry for doubling the four single-track sections of the railway of Trans-Java between Surabaya and Jakarta in January 2012.
- Â£130million more for Northern Hub in Budget. // Modern Railways;May2012, Vol. 69 Issue 764, p11
The article reports that 130 million British pounds in expenditure have been approved for the Northern Hub scheme, according to Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne.
- ROW OVER VALLEYS ELECTRIFICATION. Clark, Rhodri // Modern Railways;May2014, Vol. 71 Issue 788, p12
The article reports on the controversy regarding government funding of Valley lines electrification project of railway infrastructure company Network Rail in South Wales.