NEWS IN BRIEF
- BRIEFCASE. // BusinessWest;6/7/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p73
The article offers news briefs related to business in the U.S. Standard & Poor's increases the bond rating of Springfield, Massachusetts to BBB+. Survey shows the increased the Conference Board Consumer Confidence Index in May 2010 in New York. It reports on the 14.8% increase of new-home-sales...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E.; Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;10/30/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31502, p2
Reports on developments related to bond issues as of October 30, 2002 in the U.S. Downturn of the consumer confidence index; Auction of the four-week bills of the Treasury Department; Downgrading of the South Glens Falls, New York Central School District's rating by Moody's Investors Service.
- Surveying the Onsite Landscape 2005. // Food Management;Feb2005, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p28
The article focuses on the U.S. business environment conditions and economic development. Economic conditions in the U.S. are better than they have been for several years, with the business cycle in a modest upswing. Consumer confidence, disposable personal income and housing starts are all...
- From the TM3 wire. Singh, Parbaty Tej // Bond Buyer;08/26/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30465, p2
Presents extracts from news stories run over `The Bond Buyer' on August 25, 1998. Update on Washington State's plan to sell two general obligation bond deals; Increase in home sales in July; August consumer confidence; Moody's & Investors Service's downgrading of Tallahassee, Florida's electric...
- Exploring Determinants Of U. S. Household Debt. Turinetti, Erin; Hong Zhuang // Journal of Applied Business Research;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p85
The fast growing household debt in the U.S. has become a concern to the general public and policy makers. This paper attempts to explore the factors influencing the U.S. household indebtedness using quarterly data over the period of 1980-2010 and controlling for the time series issues. The...
- S&P Revises Outlook on Oregon's GO Debt to Negative. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;10/3/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31484, p29
Reports the outlook in the general obligation bonds to finance housing for the elderly and disabled in Oregon. Implementation of the proposed budget corrections; Increase of the personal income tax rates; Diversification of the economic base.
- Stocks and Bonds Rebound Strongly in 2009. Carlson, Greg // Morningstar FundInvestor;Jan2010, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p12
The article discusses the trends in stocks and bonds in 2009. It states that small-cap stocks benefited from the increasing level of consumer confidence, growing 8% in December. It states that returns overseas were soften by the surge of the U.S. dollar against many currencies, while...
- Bond Buyer Indexes Rise Modestly as Volatility Eases. O'Connor, Jeanine // Bond Buyer;9/28/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31233, p6
Analyzes the performance of yield indexes in the U.S., as of September 28, 2001. Impact of decline in funds rate by U.S. Federal Open Market Committee on stock market; Decline in consumer confidence index; Increase in jobless claims according to the Labor Department.
- Municipals Track Narrow Range In Quiet Post-Holiday Trading. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;05/30/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31149, p2
Focuses on bond prices in the United States as of May 2001. Rise of consumer confidence; Ranges of serial bonds yields offered to investors; Effect of economic uncertainty on treasury bonds.