Texas Housing Department to Tap New Fannie Mae Program in Sale
- Gary, Ind., Makes Rare Market Foray for Housing Project. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;06/22/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30667, p3
Reports on Gary, Indiana's $20.2 million mortgage revenue bond refunding deal on behalf of a housing project. Conversion of the variable-rate bonds issued for the project to fixed rate; Benefits from the opening of casino boats.
- A Bright Housing Future. Raines, Franklin D. // National Mortgage News;12/3/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p4
Focuses on the future of housing industry in Boca Raton, Florida. Demands on residential investments and mortgage capital; Forecast on the reduction of interest rates and inflation; Expectations on mortgage origination.
- Housing. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;08/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30210, p28A
Reports on the performance of housing bonds in the United States for the first half of 1997. Bond volume; Single-family mortgage revenue bonds; Issuance; Factors for the surge; Alternatives to issuing tax-exempt bonds; Yields.
- Two Bond-Friendly Bills to Reach Senate in Near Future. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;03/30/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31108, p4
Reports on the pending introduction of two legislative bills that could spur housing bond issuance in the United States. Proposed creation of a $1 billion block grant program to encourage housing production rather than expand the Section 8 rental subsidy program; Diversion of $2 billion from...
- Moody's: Whole Loan Single-Family Mortgage Sector Remains Strong. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;04/17/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31119, p5
Reports that the state housing finance agency (HFA) single-family mortgage revenue bond sector in the United States continues to enjoy a favorable outlook despite the softening national economy, according to a report from Moody's Investors Service. Financial status of HFAs; Ratings of four of...
- California Hopes to Boost Schools By Helping Teachers Buy Homes. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;7/6/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31175, p1
Focuses on the housing program for teachers in San Francisco, California. Benefits of the program to potential mortgage bonds; Administration responsible for the program; List of several city and county participants.
- PHFA Bonds Seen Finding Homes Fast. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;8/14/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31202, p1
Reports that the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency will sell 225 million dollars in refunding and new-money mortgage revenue bonds. Structure of the bonds; Uses of the proceeds from the bond issue.
- Freshly Upgraded Maine Housing Authority Set for Sale. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/4/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31237, p29
Provides updates on the sale of the mortgage bonds of Maine State Housing Authority. Evaluation of the rating of the deal by Standard and Poor's; Possibility of increasing the amount of bonds for sale; Projection on the growth of fund balance by Moody's Investors Service.
- Government's myopic housing policy. Pereira, Paul // Finance Week;05/18/2001, p19
Explains that the South African government's inability to guarantee mortgage bonds in financially risky areas will ensure that mortgage loans will continue to be risky. Impact of the Home Loan and Mortgage Disclosure Act; Unfair discrimination in housing loans; Housing backlog in South Africa;...