Texas Housing Department to Tap New Fannie Mae Program in Sale
- Gary, Ind., Makes Rare Market Foray for Housing Project. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;06/22/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30667, p3
Reports on Gary, Indiana's $20.2 million mortgage revenue bond refunding deal on behalf of a housing project. Conversion of the variable-rate bonds issued for the project to fixed rate; Benefits from the opening of casino boats.
- A Bright Housing Future. Raines, Franklin D. // National Mortgage News;12/3/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p4
Focuses on the future of housing industry in Boca Raton, Florida. Demands on residential investments and mortgage capital; Forecast on the reduction of interest rates and inflation; Expectations on mortgage origination.
- Two Bond-Friendly Bills to Reach Senate in Near Future. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;03/30/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31108, p4
Reports on the pending introduction of two legislative bills that could spur housing bond issuance in the United States. Proposed creation of a $1 billion block grant program to encourage housing production rather than expand the Section 8 rental subsidy program; Diversion of $2 billion from...
- Moody's: Whole Loan Single-Family Mortgage Sector Remains Strong. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;04/17/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31119, p5
Reports that the state housing finance agency (HFA) single-family mortgage revenue bond sector in the United States continues to enjoy a favorable outlook despite the softening national economy, according to a report from Moody's Investors Service. Financial status of HFAs; Ratings of four of...
- California Hopes to Boost Schools By Helping Teachers Buy Homes. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;7/6/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31175, p1
Focuses on the housing program for teachers in San Francisco, California. Benefits of the program to potential mortgage bonds; Administration responsible for the program; List of several city and county participants.
- PHFA Bonds Seen Finding Homes Fast. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;8/14/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31202, p1
Reports that the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency will sell 225 million dollars in refunding and new-money mortgage revenue bonds. Structure of the bonds; Uses of the proceeds from the bond issue.
- Housing. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;08/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30210, p28A
Reports on the performance of housing bonds in the United States for the first half of 1997. Bond volume; Single-family mortgage revenue bonds; Issuance; Factors for the surge; Alternatives to issuing tax-exempt bonds; Yields.
- Freshly Upgraded Maine Housing Authority Set for Sale. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/4/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31237, p29
Provides updates on the sale of the mortgage bonds of Maine State Housing Authority. Evaluation of the rating of the deal by Standard and Poor's; Possibility of increasing the amount of bonds for sale; Projection on the growth of fund balance by Moody's Investors Service.
- Untitled. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;3/29/2004, Vol. 33 Issue 40, p8
Cites a possible increase in low- to moderate-income housing in Salt Lake City and Davis County in 2004 following the approval of Utah Housing Corp. on the issuance of two mortgage bonds to finance projects.