CIFG Nears A Big Prize: N.Y. License
- BHAC Gets California License. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/31/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32846, p1
The article reports on the issuance of an insurance license to Berkshire Hathaway Assurance Corp. (BHAC) in California. The state's insurance department decided to expedite the company's license because of the turmoil in the bond insurance industry, which was exemplified when Standard & Poor's...
- Berkshire Hathaway Licensed in California S&P Downgrades FGIC to BB. // Bond Buyer;3/31/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32846, p33
The article reports on the issuance of an insurance license to Berkshire Hathaway Assurance Corp. (BHAC) in California. The state's insurance department decided to expedite the company's license because of the turmoil in the bond insurance industry which was exemplified when Standard & Poor's...
- Bonding is in an unmitigated mess. // Travel Weekly (UK);2/29/2008, p37
The author reflects on the Air Travel Organizers' Licensing (ATOL) protection contribution (APC). He claims that the travel bond insurance market has been decimated by the proposed implementation of APC. He points out that it will take time for insurance underwriters to come to terms with the...
- You Think Volume Jumped? Check Out Bond Insurance's Great Leap Forward. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;2/19/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31327, p29
Examines the penetration of bond insurance in the U.S. primary market, as of February 19, 2002. Total volume of insured, long-term bonds issued in 2001; Factors responsible for increase in insurance penetration; Percentage increase in bond insurance in the general-purpose sector; Rationale...
- 2002 Marks High Point Of Issuance. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;1/2/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31544, p1
Analyzes the U.S. bond insurance business for the year 2002. Issuance of bonds in municipal markets; Bond sales as of December 2002; Percentage changes in different sectors of the economy.
- Insurance luring a new class of investors to a more homogenized market. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;12/11/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30290, p8
Reports that according to Richard Moynihan, head of tax-exempt fixed-income investments at Dreyfus Corporation, bond insurance is ushering in an era of homogenization in the industry. Reference to a press briefing held on December 09, 1997; What enhanced bond issues have produced; Effect of...
- There's Still a Market for Bond Insurance, Executives Insist. MCGEE, PATRICK // Bond Buyer;11/3/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33610, p6
The article reports on the condition of the bond insurance market in the U.S., wherein bond insurance has reached 12.2 billion dollars in the first 10 months of 2011.
- Top Bond Insurers: First 9 Months 2003. // Bond Buyer;10/7/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31735, p2
Lists the top bond insurers for the first nine months of 2003 in the U.S.
- The Bond-Insurance Mess. // Time International (Atlantic Edition);3/3/2008, Vol. 171 Issue 9, p8
This article offers information on bond-insurance issues being faced in the U.S. and how the problems are spreading from bond insurers to communities. Issues related to housing, mortgage defaults, and municipal downgrades are discussed. The article also briefly reports on the possibility of...