Industry Official Says Public Power Faces a Bright Future
- Where Has All the Money Gone? McKnight, Marshall // Business News New Jersey;5/13/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p10
Focuses on venture capital market for the fourth quarter of 2001. Statistics on the renewed capital drought of investments from firms; Availability of venture capital for firms across the nation; Development of alternative injections for pain medications.
- Business. // National Review Bulletin;1/25/1974, Vol. 26 Issue 4, pB8
The article focuses on the economic condition in the U.S. According to the author, the combined thrust of inflation and energy shortages have their great impact on the capital market by means of increasing utilities as much as $100 billion in five years time. He explained that, the savaged...
- Shedding off corporate clothing deal. Jones, Llewellyn // Finance Week;3/24/2003, p30
Reports on LA Group's decision to cancel a joint venture to distribute South African-manufactured clothing for the corporate sector in the U.S. market in 2003. Impact of the sharp strengthening of the rand; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on capital markets.
- Effects of REIT JVs on credit ratings. Siegel, Jay // National Real Estate Investor;10/01/99, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p34
Discusses the joint ventures (JV) between real estate investment trust (REIT) and institutional real estate investors in response to capital markets situation in the United States. Analysis from Moody's Investors Service; Credit risks over JV of REIT; Benefits of joint ventures.
- Revisiting Shareholder Value Creation via International Joint Ventures: Examining Interactions Among Firm- and Context- Specific Variables. Merchant, Hemant // Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences (Canadian Journal of;Jun2004, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p129
This study attempts to empirically reconcile the prevalent mixed findings regarding reactions of capital markets to announcements of American firms' participation in international joint ventures (IJVs), It does so by first admitting salient contextual variables into the portfolio of...
- Cicada Teams With Cairo and Alexandria Exchanges. Schroeder, Mary // Securities Industry News;10/1/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 39, p26
Reports the joint venture of Cicada Software with the Cairo and Alexandria Stock Exchanges in Egypt. Creation of a for-profit concerns to distribute data on the Egyptian capital markets; Details on the offerings of Cicada; Promotion of liquidity flow in the marketplaces.
- There's money out there. // NZ Business;Oct2003, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p6
Presents information on the New Zealand Venture Capital Monitor, a joint venture between Ernst & Young and the New Zealand Venture Capital Association. Status of New Zealand's venture capital market; Major deals which were concluded in 2002; Findings of the New Zealand Monitor for 2002 and the...
- Shareholder Value Creation via International Joint Ventures: Some Additional Explanations. Merchant, Hemant // Management International Review (MIR);2002 1st Quarter, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p49
This study highlights four previously unconsidered influences on capital markets' reaction to international joint venture (JV) formation announcements involving American firms. The study combines these 'content' and 'process' influences on firms' expected JV performance, and tests the four...
- Odeon Expands to Europe with Joint Venture. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;8/16/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 33, p20
The article reports that broker dealer Odeon Capital Group has formed a joint venture with Hobart Capital Markets to allow the former to expand its trading, research and sales capabilities.