- High Yield Bonds Prove Attractive Alternative to Loan Market. Nugent, John // Bank Loan Report;6/18/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the status of the high yield bond market. Multi-million dollar revolving credit facility; Replacement of senior secured bank deal with subordinated bond.
- Credit Risk in Japan's Corporate Bond Market. Packer, Frank // Current Issues in Economics & Finance;Nov99, Vol. 5 Issue 15, p1
Investigates the reasons for the pronounced increase in spreads in Japan's corporate bond market. Discussion on the macroeconomic conditions and the downward trend in credit quality; Credit curve and the rise in spreads; Evidence of structural changes in Japan's corporate bond market.
- The Art of Tweaking Triple-A. Sibayan, Karen // Asset Securitization Report;Oct2009, Vol. 9 Issue 17, p5
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on the move of credit rating agencies to make adjustment on their ratings to capture true risk in asset-backed securities (ABS) transactions by Nora Colomer, another on the proposed reform of U.S. financial...
- Top 10 E-Mailed Stories. // Bond Buyer;6/25/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33736, p5
The article presents news briefs from the U.S. bond market including the New York State Thruway Authority receiving negative ratings, the shrinking market for variable-rate demand obligations and auction-rate securities, and Moody's Investors Service Ltd.'s recent downgrade to Junk of California...
- Credit calendar. // Bond Buyer;12/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31290, p37
Presents a credit calendar providing information on several issues regarding the U.S. bond market as of December 21, 2001. Daily market status.
- Credit Calendar . // Bond Buyer;1/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31311, p37
Presents datewise credit calendar showing the U.S. bond market statistics from January 28 to February 1, 2002. Announcement made by the treasury for its first quarter borrowing needs; Meeting of the Federal Open Market Committee; Release of the personal income and spending figures by the U.S....
- Indiana Officials Not Surprised by S & P Downgrade to AA. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/21/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31804, p25
Focuses on the rating of Indiana's issuer credit. Decline of rating; Contribution of weak revenue and the depletion of reserves on the rating; Revenue performance of the state.
- Credit calendar. // Bond Buyer;2/15/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31326, p40
Presents statistics of bond market through credit calender. Increase in the treasury by the replacement of maturing securities; Values of building permit and housing start for January 2002 released by the U.S. Commerce Department; Release of consumer price figures for January 2002 by the U.S....
- Modeling the yields on noninvestment grade bond indexes: Credit risk and macroeconomic factors. Joutz, Frederick L.; Maxwell, William F. // International Review of Financial Analysis;2002, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p345
To accurately price credit derivatives, it is necessary to understand the underlying factors that determine credit spreads and the influence that external shocks can have on required yields. We model the factors that influence the yield on the most volatile segment of the corporate bond market,...