Senate Approves Debt-Limit Ceiling Bill
- Structuring synthetic resecuritizations goes down to the definitions. C.M.O. // Private Placement Letter;11/10/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p8
Discusses synthetic resecuritizations collaterized debt mortgage (CDOs) issued in the U.S. International Swaps and Derivatives Association's standard credit derivative definitions; Common credit events for synthetic resecuritizations.
- Analyst says EBITDA not meaningful in hi-tech world. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;06/26/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p36
Focuses on the insignificance of the financial health called earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) in New York. Proliferation of EBITDA as a benchmark; Reason for preference of bankers for EBITDA; Insensitivity to the actual collection of cash reflected in...
- CDO Combination Securities: Piecing Together. McDermont, Glen // High Yield Report;2/18/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p7
Focuses on collateralized debt obligation combination securities. Composition of the principal protected unit; Limitations to the constant default rate investment framework; Weakness of combination return analysis.
- SECURITIES IN REGISTRATION. // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/11/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 32, p36
The article lists several securities in registration in the U.S. including equity and debt.
- Easing of rate worries slows down trading in emerging-market debt. Kraus, James R. // American Banker;8/21/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 161, p4
Reports on a survey conducted by the Emerging Market Traders Association which shows a decline in trading in emerging-market debt during the second quarter of 1997. Possible increase in interest rates; Prospects for 1997 results based on the three trillion dollars in combined trading for the...
- Distressed Opportunities Abound. Burns, Mairin // Bank Loan Report;10/14/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 40, p11
Examines the opportunities in the distressed debt markets in the U.S. Increase of investments in distressed securities; Impact of valuation on debt players; Drop in the recovery rates of defaulted issuers.
- Debt. // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/19/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 20, p55
Lists planned offerings that have been registered with U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in mid April-May 2003, but have not come into the market as of May 19, 2003.
- Sacramento County to Sell COPs for Juvenile Hall Project. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;1/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32047, p4
The article reports that for the renovation of the county's juvenile hall, Sacramento County, California's Board of Supervisors last week authorized the sale of $43.5 million of certificates of participation (COP) to keep the project from running out money. The Office of Budget and Debt...
- Distressed, Bankruptcy Activity Totals $22B in Q1. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;4/14/2014, p22
The article reports on the decline in the completed distressed and bankruptcy restructuring activity in the U.S. by 6.8% to 22 billion dollars in the first quarter of 2014, according to media and information firm Thomson Reuters. The total number of transactions was 52, a 49.5% reduction from...