Arizona Cardinals Stadium to Face Showdown in Mesa
- The Search Tightens. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;2/12/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31323, p27
Reports on the Arizona Tourism and Sports Authority's search for a site to build a stadium for the football team Arizona Cardinals. Cities from which the Authority has received bids; Expected time of finalization of the site.
- A sore site in some eyes. Johnston, Liz // Bulletin with Newsweek;11/11/97, Vol. 116 Issue 6097, p28
Reports that groups lobbying for a Brisbane super stadium from the Queensland, Australia government are unhappy over the government's naming of the old Brisbane Airport as the proposed site. Local business interests as well as others wanting the site at the old Roman Street railyards close to...
- Clock Ticking Faster on Arizona Cardinals' Stadium Site Selection. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/24/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31434, p3
Reports the effort of the Tourism and Sports Authority to select a site for an Arizona Cardinals football stadium. Penalty for the delay on the selection of site; List of feasible sites for the stadium; Details on the legislative edict regarding the selection of site.
- FLORIDA: Marlins Still Looking. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/30/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32518, p51
The article reports on the effort of exploring a fourth location for a new Florida Marlins baseball stadium despite of its problematic price tag. According to officials, a 10-acre site in Miami, already owned by the city and the county, should be considered because it offers fans direct access...
- Worker Killed At New 49ers Stadium Construction Site. Subramanian, Courtney // Time.com;10/15/2013, p1
The article discusses a report in the "San Jose Mercury News" on the October 14, 2013 death of a delivery truck driver at the construction site of a stadium for the San Francisco 49ers football team in Santa Clara, California, which followed the June 2013 death of mechanic Donald White at the site.
- Aberdeen partners agree stadium site. Boddy, Robert // Planning (14672073);4/17/2009, Issue 1814, p5
The article reports on the new Greenfield site that was identified as the preferred location for a 22,000-seat community stadium and home for Aberdeen Football Club in Scotland. The Aberdeen City Council and club representatives have accepted the study findings that an alternative site at Kings...
- POLITICAL MAZE. Kivlehan, Noella Pio // Estates Gazette;9/23/2006, Issue 638, p162
The article focuses on various reactions to a proposal to convert the former Maze prison into a sports stadium which is located 10 miles from Belfast city centre in Northern Ireland. Its former hospital wing will be transformed into a Peace & Reconciliation Centre. Douglas Wheeler, partner at...
- Stadium construction kicking into high gear across continent. Johnson, Ben // National Real Estate Investor;Oct2007, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p146
The article offers news briefs related to stadium construction in the U.S. A phase development is underway for the United Soccer League's Silverbacks 3,000-seat stadium in Atlanta, Georgia. An on-going $55 million stadium for the Major League Soccer (MLS) franchise of Salt Lake Real is expected...
- ALABAMA: Dome Site Study. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/19/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32903, p9
The article reports on the selection of Heery International Inc. to recommend an appropriate location for the domed stadium in Birmingham, Alabama. City officials have longed planned to build the $500-million Birmingham Jefferson Civic Complex project, but Mayor Larry Langford had suggested a...