St. Louis Voters May Become New Voice in Ballpark Debate
- MINNESOTA: Bonds for Saints Stadium. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/25/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33753, p7
The article presents information on the planning of the Saint Paul, Minnesota, City Council to provide a 17 million U.S. dollars subsidy for a new Saint Paul Saints ballpark.
- Enough already -- it's time for fair play. Cantor, Martin // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/11/98, Vol. 45 Issue 50, p39A
Opinion. Discusses issues and developments related to the plan to build a baseball park in Central Islip in Suffolk County, New York, to be used by the Long Island Ducks baseball team. Debate on how much and for what purpose should government invest in the community; Question on the need for...
- Ballpark bargain. Schoettle, Anthony // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/24/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p1
The article reports on the investment of Indianapolis Indians AAA minor-league baseball team into Victory Field baseball park located in Indianapolis, Indiana. It is inferred that the team have invested about $6 million in improvements of the stadium since it opened in 1996. The team's lease for...
- New York Research Group Publishes Report Bashing Yankees' Stadium Plan. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;2/8/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32315, p7
The article comments the assertion of the nonpartisan research and education group Good Jobs New York that the Yankees will receives subsidies from the city and state for a proposed new stadium. The baseball team's president Randy Levine describes such claim as false and misleading. Economic...
- Sports Stadiums Are Strikeouts for Small Business. Zion, Lee // San Diego Business Journal;4/9/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p14
Presents news briefs related to small business in the United States, as of April 9, 2001. Economist Raymond Keating's study of small business support for taxpayer subsidies for ballpark projects; Schwartz Design Group co-owner Bonnie Schwartz's receipt of an award from the National Association...
- Ballpark Dreaming. Ehrenhalt, Alan // Governing;Nov2004, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p6
Presents the opposition of economists to subsidies for sports team owners and facilities provided by several states in the U.S. Action to be taken by the mayor of Washington, D.C. to pay for the planned construction of a baseball stadium for the Montreal Expos baseball team; Impact of the...
- Ballpark eyed for Central Islip. Martorana, Jamie // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);02/02/98, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the proposed construction of a minor league ballpark in Central Islip, New York. Real estate development boom in the area; Plans to select a baseball team to play at the ballpark; Baseball teams with interest to play at the ballpark.
- Former landfill hits a home run. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;08/24/98, Vol. 4 Issue 15, p15
Reports that construction has begun on Miller Park, a baseball field in Milwaukee, Wisconsin for the Milwaukee Brewers baseball team. Cost of the project; When the baseball field is scheduled to open; Removal of an estimated 163,000 tons of solid waste to start the ballpark.
- Downtown Akron adds third jewel. Tucker, Brian // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/15/96, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p10
Comments on the planned construction of a minor-league ballpark in Akron, Ohio. Facility's design; Growing interest in seeing the minor-league team play; Construction cost.