Bank, Law Firm Step in to Deal School Bonds in New Hampshire
- Meetings set on bond vote. MAGEE, KEITH // East Bernard Express (TX);4/3/2014, Vol. 71 Issue 14, p1
The article reports on a series of town hall meetings in East Bernard, Texas to discuss a school bond election proposed by the East Bernard independent school district (ISD).
- OKLAHOMA: Broken Arrow Aims at Debt. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/15/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33183, p9
The article reports on polls to decide on 295 million worth of lease-purchase bonds sought by the Tulsa County Independent School District (ISD) number three on December 8, 2009 in Oklahoma. The ISD is asking for debt for school construction projects and transportation. The Broken Arrow Economic...
- Arizona's Proposed Change to Voting Method Threatens Bonds, Foes Say. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/4/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32996, p5
The article reports on the criticism of a proposed Arizona constitutional amendment that gives non-voters potential veto power over the state spending initiatives. According to the opponents of the measure, the amendment, if passed, could curtail local government and school bond elections...
- Macomb County, Mich., Gets Closer To an Executive-Style Government. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;5/8/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32874, p6
The article reports that voters in Macomb County, Michigan have approved the measure that would overhaul the government structure of the county, as well as the regional school bond proposals that will be used in part to fund security upgrades. Supporters of the proposals state that the move will...
- County Issues Bonds for USD Housing, Energy Upgrades. Ward, Denise T. // San Diego Business Journal;5/7/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p31
Reports that the Board of Supervisors of San Diego, California, approved the issuance of tax-exempt bonds for the University of San Diego. Use of the proceeds of the bond issue to finance the university's student housing and energy-upgrading projects; Terms of the local bond arrangement between...
- A Warning on Michigan Plan for Detroit School Debt. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;4/23/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34297, p1
A proposal to relieve Detroit Public Schools of a big chunk of its bond debt could increase education costs statewide, a public policy group warns.
- Win your next bond issue. Jackson, Nancy Mann // District Administration;Jan2014, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p39
The article focuses on the need for school district leaders to build trust and to win the public's support for getting approval for bond issue meant for upgrading classrooms and infrastructure. It mentions the need to overcome voters resistance to tax increases and build relationships with local...
- Investors, the State of the Indiana Intercept Is Strong. Shanahan, Jimmy // Bond Buyer;2/27/2015, Vol. 1, p1
Doubts as to the quality or effectiveness of Indiana's intercept program are misplaced.
- EFFECT OF METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT ON RESOURCE ALLOCATION: THE CASE OF EDUCATION IN TORONTO. Cook, Gail C. A. // National Tax Journal;Dec73, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p585
This paper examines the effect on education expenditures of federating thirteen formerly autonomous municipalities under the Municipality of Metropolitan Toronto. Prior to federation no significant difference in expenditures existed between the Toronto area municipalities and a set of control...