Pledge Upped For New York Schools Deal
- Fewer Ohio school districts expected to pursue bond issues. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;1/18/2011, p8
The article reports that fewer school districts in Ohio are expected to ask voters to approve bond issues, which are needed to receive state money from the Ohio School Facilities Commission.
- Keller to Weigh GOs. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/29/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31915, p31
Reports that the trustees of the Keller Independent School District in Texas will vote on whether they will ask the public to consider a multimillion dollar general obligation bond package aimed at helping the district keep up with growth.
- Colorado schools disappointed by Assembly's allotment. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;05/12/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30639, p30
Focuses on the insufficiency of the additional state funding for school districts in Colorado granted during the 1999 General Assembly. Value of funding needed to fill the backlog of unmet capital needs of rural schools.
- With February Revenues $18.5M Short, Kansas Delays State Aid to Schools. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/4/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31585, p4
Reports on delay in state aid payments to local school districts in Kansas for fiscal 2003. Attribution of delay in the state aid to schools to revenue generated in the country; Impact of the delayed state aid on the school districts.
- Illinois aid hike not seen easing Chicago deficit. Harp, Lonnie // Education Week;8/4/93, Vol. 12 Issue 40, p34
Reports on the massive deficit facing the Chicago school district despite an additional $84 million for Chicago schools approved the Illinois legislature. Inadequate state aid to education; Other education provisions in the budget law.
- Ore. Voters Bail Out Schools, Lawmakers--at Least for Now. Borja, Rhea R. // Education Week;9/25/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p19
Reports that the voters of Oregon have approved of a state ballot measure that adds a multi-million dollar education fund to Oregon's school district coffers. Key features of the measure; Mixed feelings among education organizations regarding expectations from the measure.
- N.C. Judge Backs Suit By Districts. Manzo, Kathleen Kennedy // Education Week;11/01/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p21
Reports on the court ruling in the lawsuit brought by low-wealth school districts in North Carolina claiming that the state aid failed to pay for the basic educational needs of their students. Overview of the case; Parts of the ruling.
- Newark school deficit raises questions about state control. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;02/14/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30828, p24
Examines the influences of state intervention on Newark School District financial performance in New Jersey. Effect of state oversight over school districts on investors; Benefits derived by the school district from the state qualified bond program; Implications of state oversight on a...
- California Junior College's Big Bond Plans Linked to Bigger State Ballot Question. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;6/12/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31406, p4
Focuses on the debt issuance of a general obligation bonds for capital projects in California. Approval of a state education bond measure; Reimbursement of junior colleges from state funds; Call for voter support of the state bond referendum.