Illinois Lawmakers Reconvene to Review Fresh Budget Cuts
- Louisiana Lawmakers Send Budget to Jindal. WATTS, JIM // Bond Buyer;6/23/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33538, p4
The article reports that a 25 billion dollars budget for fiscal 2012 has been approved by Louisiana lawmakers.
- New Gap Strains Budget, Deeper Deficit Looms. // Fairfield County Business Journal;5/26/2014, Vol. 50 Issue 21, p27
The article reports on the approval of the revised $19 billion state budget by the lawmakers in Connecticut in May 2014 following the decline of state revenues and possible occurrence of fiscal deficit in 2015.
- LEGISLATIVE CHECKLIST. // Illinois Issues;Jun2009, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p11
The article lists the state budget and substantive legislation that will be approved in the 96th General Assembly in May 31, 2010 in the U.S. which includes the school traffic safety, civil unions, and tracking school buses.
- Colorado Democrats Looking to Overhaul Budget Process. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/31/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31752, p4
Reports that Democratic lawmakers have filed several shell bills that will eventually be filled with legislation proposing that the state of Colorado completely revamp the way it writes annual budgets. House Democratic Leader Andrew Romanoff's view that Colorado fails to prioritize, invest, or...
- As Utah Deficit Grows, Lawmakers Consider Tapping Rainy-Day Fund. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/21/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31329, p3
Reports on the fiscal 2002 budget deficit faced by the Utah legislators as of February 21, 2002. Possibility of increased revenue from the 2002 Winter Olympic Games; Cause of the economic slowdown in the state.
- What happened from 5 points of view. Culbertson, Katie // Indianapolis Business Journal;06/21/99, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p40
Presents interviews with Indiana state legislators concerning the outcome of the budget session. Failure of leadership during the session; Passing of a balanced budget; Rivalry between Indianapolis and the rest of the state; Tax abatement for high technology personal property; Role of the media...
- Missouri House Republicans pass 'back door repeal' minimum wage, child labor, prevailing wage laws. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;4/7/2011, Vol. 74 Issue 36, p21
The article reports on the passage of the House Budget Proposal which cuts all funding to impose child labor and dominating wage laws in Missouri in 2011.
- Legislative update. // Education Week;5/17/95, Vol. 14 Issue 34, p14
Presents the summaries of the final action by legislatures on the state education budgets and other education-related matters. Arizona; Georgia; Idaho; Indiana; Maryland; North Dakota; Wyoming.
- Budgets, terror top agendas. // State Government News;Feb2002, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p6
Deals with the news story reported by the Associated Press on January 7, 2002 about the legislative agenda of state legislatures in the U.S. in 2002. Reduction of state budgets; Prevention of terrorism.