Moody's: Charters Still Risky, But Improving
- Future Impact of Vouchers, Unlike Charter Schools, Is Uncertain. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;05/17/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30893, p6
Reports on the growing role of charter schools in the tax-exempt education bond market in the United States. Legal issues facing vouchers; Increase in the number of charter schools.
- California's Aspire Schools Set to Sell Tax-Backed Debt. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;11/18/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31515, p40
Reports on the plan of California charter school chains to sell revenue bonds secured by state and local tax revenues it will receive based on the number of students attending a planned new charter middle school as of November 18, 2002. Sale of bonds through Aspire Public Schools; Plan of...
- Charter School Deal OK'd. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/12/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32464, p31
The article offers news briefs related to bond deals and issuance in Utah in 2006. The West Valley City Council has approved a plan that permits the city to serve as conduit issuer to start a charter school. The Montecillo Academy has been opened in the Granite School District which will soon...
- County Readies New Mexico's First Charter School Sale. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/3/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32290, p22
The article focuses on the significance of the bond issue to be offered by Santa Fe on behalf of the Academy for Technology and the Classics. This revenue bond deal is expected to become the model for charter school deals in New Mexico. Kirkpatrick Pettis has been selected as the sole...
- Charter School Excitement. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;09/29/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30986, p1
Reports on developments concerning charter school bonds in the United States as of September 29, 2000. Investors' key role in raising the acceptance of the bonds; Issuance by the Maricopa County, Arizona Industrial Development Authority on behalf of the Horizon Community Learning Center Project.
- Panel: Charters Will Attract Munis With Market Know-How. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;06/21/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31165, p4
Focuses on charter schools as contenders for bond markets in the United States. Factors necessary to attract interest of investors to charter schools; Frustrations of educators in dealing with finances; Need for school officials to practice fiscal management to be acceptable in the market.
- TOP 10 E-Mailed Stories. // Bond Buyer;5/17/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33317, p6
The article offers updates related to the bond market in the U.S., including the plan of two senators to introduce legislation to permanently extend a provision in the 2009 stimulus law, the proposal of Standard & Poor's Corp. to update its methodology for rating state credits, and the proposal...
- Charter Schools Keep Finding Ways to Fund Themselves. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/1/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32250, p36
Reports on the prevalence of the bond issues of charter schools in the U.S. Benefits of new laws aimed at opening the capital markets for charter schools; Rating of outstanding education revenue bonds; Interest rates for early charter school deals.
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Williamson, Richard; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/22/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31682, p31
Reports on developments in the bond market of Southwestern states in the U.S. as of July 23, 2003. Plans of Kansas-based Sedgwick Co. to proceed with $55 million redesign of Kansas Coliseum; Percentage increase in the profits of Southwest Airlines Co. in the second quarter of 2003; Decision of...