Drought, Drought Everywhere, But Southwest Has Special Woes
- DfID spent money 'well'. Meilton, David // Public Finance;7/04/2003, p10
Reports that the British House of Commons' Public Accounts Committee has ruled that the fund provided by the Department for International Development to alleviate water poverty was effectively used.
- So Whose Water Is It Anyway? // State Legislatures;Apr2003, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p8
Focuses on the problem of farmers in Colorado regarding the senior right to continue using water during a drought. Effect of wells on the water supplies from the South Platte River; Overview of the legislation proposed by Senator Dave Owen to address the problem; Authority which can allocate...
- BY THE NUMBERS. Chambliss, Jamie Vacca; Somers, Ted // Atlanta;Jun2001, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p30
Presents facts about Atlanta, Georgia's water-supply. Annual water rate from Atlanta Water Works in 1881 and from United Water Services Atlanta in 2001; Approximate amount of gallons of water recycled through the Centennial Olympic Park fountain; Droughts experienced in Atlanta.
- Around the World: MIDDLE EAST. // Earth Island Journal;Autumn2001, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p19
Provides information on the scarcity of water supply in Pakistan.
- ALL FIRED UP. Graff, James; De la Cal, Martha // Time International (South Pacific Edition);8/8/2005, Issue 31, p10
The article focuses on issues related to current water crisis faced by Southern Europe, which is under sever drought. Spain, where rainfall in the first half of 2005 was 35% below average, is still in a political clinch over a July 16, 2005 wildfire that killed 11 firefighters. In a meeting...
- Drought drying up Wildwood's wells. Shapiro, Mary // West County Journal;8/1/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 31, pA1
The article discusses the worsening drought in the rural western Wildwood, Missouri that has started to affect private wells for potable water supplies. Homeowners in the area depend on wells for their water instead of the St. Louis County Water Department and they know when the well water is...
- Gone but not forgotten. Alianza, Casa // New Internationalist;Jun99, Issue 313, p4
Focuses on the water shortage in Jordan. Israel's decision to cut the supply of desperately needed water to Jordan; Failure of the winter rains in Israel.
- MID-EAST WATER CRISIS TIME IS RUNNING OUT. Blanche, Ed // Middle East;Apr2001, Issue 311, p19
Focuses on the water supply shortage resulting from droughts in the Middle East. Reduction in the flow of water from the Euphrates and Tigris rivers to Syria and Iraq; Political overtones resulting from such water supply crisis; Predictions that worsening water shortages in the region will...
- Statistical and Simulation Analysis Assists Santa Clara Valley Water District Planning. Dean, Burton V.; Salstrom, Roger L.; Fiedler, Jim; Molnar, Bill; Haake, Kent // Interfaces;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p82
Analyzes the Santa Clara Country, California water supply using extend simulation software. Expected occurrence of the 1987-1992 drought situation two or three times per 100 years; Indication that the supply will frequently not meet current annual demand and will fall far short of projected...