Advising Investment Clients About Mortgage Debt
- Time for activist investing? McCormick, Dominic // Money Management;9/21/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 35, p12
The article focuses on the nature and benefits of activist investing for investors and advisors in New South Wales. The activist investing allows fund manager to be involved in the internal strategic direction and daily operation of the companies. A key factor in a successful activist investing...
- Debating Actively Managed ETFs. Sisk, Michael // Bank Investment Consultant;Nov2005, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p38
Reports on the increase of exchange-traded fund assets (ETFs) in the United States. Education of both the consumers and their financial planners; Value of the return on investment; Disadvantage of the payment of trading commissions when investors sell or purchase their ETFs through a broker.
- Improving Return on Compensation. Keuls, Peter // Bank Investment Consultant;Nov2005, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p52
Focuses on the management of return on compensation investment by financial advisers in the United States. Improvement of the efficiency of incentives to generate more revenue from the same spend; Sizing of the organization to the scale of the business; Management of the link between pay and...
- The Urge to Trade. Hurley, Mark P. // Journal of Financial Planning;Oct2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p40
This article examines the changes in the retail client-financial advisor relationship in the U.S. A list of changes made by advisors and planners surveyed reflects a response to the increasing desire by clients for more control. Client meetings are now done quarterly. Saturday seminars are held...
- A Funny Thing. Evensky, Harold // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p38
The author points out his similarities and differences with past "Journal of Financial Planning" writer William Jahnke as part of taking Jahnke's position. Several of the similarities include Jahnke's views on financial planners helping clients achieve financial success, the need to revisit...
- Smarter Money. Howard, C. Thomas // Financial Planning;Aug2011, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p104
The article discusses the importance of hiring an active equity manager. The author argues that contrary to popular notion, active managers are capable of producing excess returns on investments and demonstrate superior stock-picking skills. He also discusses the popularity of the Efficient...
- Planning for retirement requires balancing savings, lifestyle. Grande, John F.; Grande, Traudy F.; Grande, John S. // Ophthalmology Times;9/1/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 17, p72
Presents questions-and-answer advisory on financial planning for retirement in the U.S. Flaws in the use of average rates of return in traditional planning; Risk tolerance level of financial planners; Weakness of the rear-view mirror approach to financial management.
- GP Life: Save it â€¦ Put money into a myriad of markets. Livesey, Ben // GP: General Practitioner;8/12/2005, p57
This article reports that in July, the stock market was in buoyant mood, regularly hitting three-year highs in spite of the record-breaking oil price and the London terrorist atrocities. Interest in stock market investing has returned, but the consumer, the economy's engine, is nursing higher...
- Application of Equity Yield Analyses in Appraisal Reports. Steele, Robert A. // Appraisal Journal;Apr75, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p194
Focuses on the use of equity yield analyses in appraisal reports. Distinction between investment analysis and appraisal analysis; Presentation of the band-of-investment analysis; Benefits of mortgage amortization; Selection of basic rate; Cash flow to the equity.