Adopting the Family Office
- PROFILES in Success: Legacy Builder. Rusoff, Jane Wollman // Research;May2012, p29
The article profiles Henry Montag, an independent certified financial planner, who heads Henry Montag Associates. Montag specializes in helping middle-income individuals and family business owners plan ahead with insurance and investments to maximize their assets. Montag loves spreading...
- COLD CALL. Britton, Diana // REP.;Feb2013, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p22
The article presents an interview with Michael Swenson, Private Wealth Advisor with Merrill Lynch's Private Banking and Investment Group. Swenson discusses the importance of financial planning for family businesses. According to him, one needs to identify the goals of these businesses. Swenson...
- Strategic Planning for the Family in Business. Jaffe, Dennis T. // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2005, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p50
A family business must balance the sometimes conflicting concerns and demands of both the owner's family and the business itself. Family considerations, however, often overwhelm the strategic realities of the business and hinder the ability to successfully pass the business on to subsequent...
- Australia. Ferrers, Tony // Chartered Accountants Journal;Oct2004, Vol. 83 Issue 9, p77
The article focuses on accounting and financial planning in Australia. Family squabbles distract those engaged in the business, directors spend more time on the infighting than on growing the business, market share may be lost with competitors seizing their opportunity, employees' morale will...
- The Magnificent Seven. Rattiner, Jeffrey H. // Financial Planning;Nov2003, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p107
Presents strategies that financial planners in the U.S. should consider implementing to help clients save taxes. Improved use of the IRC Section 179 deduction; Tips for maximizing retirement contributions; Advantages of hiring family members in a business.
- Estate Planning for Family Business Owners. Reardon, Dennis // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;Sep2015, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p19
Aligning the division of assets of a family business owner for estate planning purposes can often be a challenging proposition for both clients and advisors. However, everyone involved may have to recognize that reaching a solution may require both patience and a practical sense that the...
- Family business. // Money Marketing;12/8/2011, p35
The article focuses on increasing involvement of independent financial advisers (IFAs) in family businesses. It states that traditionally family businesses used custom-made banking and financial asset management service, but now they are using services of IFAs for specialist financial planning...
- The Family Way. Hutcheson, James Olan // Financial Planning;Nov99, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p231
No abstract available.
- Advisers for Family Companies. // Family Business;Winter2011, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p61
A directory of advisers that includes family business centers, professional companies and financial institutions serving family-owned business enterprises worldwide is presented.