Lessons Learned and the Global Endgame
- Jail for adviser who stole Â£2.7m. // Money Marketing;6/2/2005, p2
The article reports that financial advisor Stephen Higham of Oaktree Financial Services in Nottinghamshire, England, was sentenced to six years imprisonment for fraud trading. Judge Michael Stokes sentenced him with the punishment for stealing Â£2.7 million from clients. Higham, in his defence...
- Pro Bono Advice and New Directions. Thompson, Duane // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov2007, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p42
The article discusses the Financial Planning Association's plans to increase community service and pro bono advice among financial planners. The association began a pro bono service in the wake of the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, when it provided free advice to families of victims of...
- A Tribute to Resilience. Irish, Maureen // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p10
This article acknowledges the resilience of the human spirit and the role of financial advisors during times of unexpected crisis. Financial planners offer clients their expertise and wisdom in times of unexpected crisis, just as they do when clients have the luxury of time to plan. After...
- A Voice in the Dark. Stein, Helene; Brier, Marcia // Financial Planning;Nov2001, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p0
Gives advice to financial planners on helping their clients cope with the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack in the U.S. Significance of communication; Importance of listening to the questions of clients; Need to make adjustments on the financial plan of clients.
- Dream Healers. Peck, Maureen // Journal of Financial Planning;May2007, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p10
The article presents a letter from the editor of the "Journal of Financial Planning" concerning the May 2007 issue. Articles in the issue discuss the effects of terrorist attacks on the United States on September 11, 2001, on one woman's personal finances, ways in which financial planners can...
- Spurned NY stocks offer a contrarian feast. Gandel, Stephen // Crain's New York Business;1/21/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p4
Examines the impact of September 11 terrorist attacks on the stock market in New York, New York. Identification of Big Apple stocks; Details on the economic growth of New York City; Assessment on the progress of Crain's 2001 picks.
- The Trader's Trader. // Equities;Oct2001, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p31
No abstract available.
- PSE resists world markets' decline. Loula, Marek // Prague Business Journal;9/24/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 38
Reports the impact of September terrorist attacks in the United States on the Prague Stock Exchange (PSE) in Czech Republic. Stability of market despite of the attacks; Pressure on airlines and insurance companies; Influence of Czech Telecom on the PSE.
- The Future of the Profession: Leaders Frame the Issues for FPA. Newton, Catherine // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p48
Offers insights on financial planning from the leaders of the Financial Planning Association. Effect of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on financial planning; Competition in the field; Compensation for practicing financial planners; Career path for planners; Opportunities for...