Popularity surveys and reality are polls apart
- When polls go wrong. Mellman, Mark S. // Hill;4/8/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 41, p12
In this article, the author discusses the downside of public opinion polls in the U.S.
- Top-Ten Tune List. // Weekly Reader News - Edition 4;10/24/2003, Vol. 85 Issue 9, p7
Lists the top ten songs about places in the U.S. Results of the 'Music on Location' poll; Need for the songs to give a positive image of the places; Consideration of the song 'New York, New York' as the unofficial theme song of Manhattan.
- Get to work. Pena, Nelson // Bicycling;Jun92, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p34
Discusses how the time is now to promote bike commuting. Efforts by a group of bicyclists in Allentown, Pennsylvania; Group called the Bicycle Users Group (BUG); Encouragement from recent Harris Poll figures; How many people are currently riding their bikes to work; How many more said they would...
- The Survival Poll. // Backpacker;Oct2008, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p13
The article presents information on a poll related to survival including the most important survival skill, the most fearful survival scenario and the most important piece of survival gear.
- Here's what you think. Malveaux, J. // Essence (Essence);Jun89, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p70
Presents results of an `Essence' reader survey on 30 topics.
- GALLOP POLL RESULTS. Maheu, Julie // Horse & Rider;Oct2003, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p23
Presents results of a Gallop Poll which asked respondents regarding their preferred Western horse.
- This Week's: Good News. // Inside Tucson Business;5/10/2010, Vol. 19 Issue 50, p5
The article reports on the opinion poll conducted by "Austin Business Journal" which shows 73% of respondents agree that Austin, Texas should cut their connection with Arizona, while 23% of respondents do not agree with it and 4% of respondents did not know.
- Designed to Please. // Lodging Hospitality;12/1/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 15, p80
Presents the results of the survey on the services and features of hotels which please their guests. Amenities preferred by guests.
- Poll: Make `Have's' pay for prison keep. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/16/95, Vol. 42 Issue 42, p46
Presents the results of the poll taken in Nassau and Suffolk county residents. Reasons for the poll.
- Retirement. Acomb, Deborah L. // National Journal;7/27/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 30, p2261
Presents the result of public opinion polls about retirement in the U.S. Retirement age preferred by adults in the country; Stock investment preference of retired adults.