Passing the acid test
- Now Hinton's trying to jazz up our airwaves. // Campaign;06/23/2000, Issue 25, p52
Comments on Great Britain advertising executive Graham Hinton's diversification beyond advertising. Creation of a radio program for the subscription-only division of Jazz FM's website; Collaboration of Hinton with Jazz FM chief executive Richard Wheatly; Reluctance of Hinton to disclose his plans.
- More top managers quit 141 as Cordiant finale draws closer. // Campaign;7/18/2003, Issue 29, p3
Cordiant PLC has been hit by further resignations by top managers at 141. The defections include Patrick Hanson-Lowe, who has been with the group since 1994 and had been running 141's Â£ 18 million Allied Domecq business, and Marcus Starke, 141's head of Europe. Last week, Colin Hearn, 141's...
- People. // Music Week;6/24/2006, Issue 25, p2
The article presents new briefs related to British music industry personnel. EMI Group chairman Eric Nicoli received a CBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours for services to music on June 4, 2006. Xlantic founder David Fischer has been appointed as the managing director of MySpace Europe and...
- MONEY, MEETINGS AND ALL THAT JAZZ. Garrett, Alexander // Management Today;Jan2001, p68
Reports on a day in the life of Richard Wheatly, head of the British radio station Jazz FM. Meeting at Arthur Andersen & Co. for an audit preview; Promotion of the London Jazz Festival; Meeting to discuss the progress of digital broadcasting; Measures to restore the station to profitability.
- Jazz FM ditches the trad with digital-facing label. Carciew, Ben // Music Week;10/17/2009, Issue 40, p6
The article reports that radio station Jazz FM in Great Britain will launch a record label exclusively devoted to introduce new talents. Jazz FM chief executive Richard Wheatly states that Jazz FM expects to sign upcoming artists particularly amidst the rise of digital sales and the use of...
- LRC starts talks with Wheatly over Jazz FM sale. Parry, Caroline // Marketing Week;1/1/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p37
The article focuses on the proposed acquisition of the digital-only station Jazz FM of the company Local Radio Co. PLC (LCR) by the consortium led by the station's executive chairman Richard Wheatly. Wheatly has resigned from LCR as non-executive chairman. Jazz FM has been put up for sale just...
- Planet Media. // Media Week;4/14/2009, Issue 1204, p10
This section offers news briefs on mass media and advertising. Mars is reviewing its U.S. media arrangements following its merger with Wrigley. WPP has merged its Enfatico agency with its Y&R brands division. The sale of Jazz FM to a consortium led by chief executive Richard Wheatly has been...
- Spotlight on ... Richard Wheatly, Chairman, Jazz FM. // Campaign;5/1/2015, p25
An obituary for Richard Wheatly, chairman of Jazz FM digital-only radio station, is presented.
- Wheatly rides the wave of local radio. Parry, Caroline // Marketing Week;5/20/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 21, p15
Reports on the plans of Richard Wheatly, chief executive officer of the LRC Corp., to acquire Radio Investments company in Great Britain. Maximization on the corporate profits of the firm; Increase on the level of competitive advantage; Expansion on the total assets and investments of the firm.