Jubilant nation brought together to spy on BB3
- July TX guide. // Televisual;Jul2002, p78
Presents a television program guide for producers in Great Britain in July 2002.
- Enhanced TV or walled garden? Ljungh, Daniel // TVB Europe;Jan2001, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p6
Reports that Great Britain has the highest digital television penetration in Europe. Concept of the walled-garden approach; Factors that contributed to the trend; Benefits of enhanced television.
- Sky can steal a march with its TiVo rival by getting price right. Snoddy, Ray // Marketing (00253650);7/26/2001, p20
Focuses on the arrival of Sky+, a device with the ability to pause live television and record all the episodes of a series, and its implications for Great Britain's television market. Challenge posed to TiVo; Issue of prices; Technology's advertising skipping potential.
- Network planning for DTV. Aird, Brian // TVB Europe;Sep98, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p134
Focuses on a conference held by the International Broadcasting Convention which is aimed at understanding technical challenges in digital television in Great Britain. Creation of real world networks; Delivery of digital television; Automation and ad insertion.
- The bongs may toll for BARB if it concentrates on small fry. Douglas, Torin // Marketing Week;3/11/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p19
Explores potential solutions to measuring the economic viability of digital television broadcasting in Great Britain. Use of recognized scheduling and promotional techniques; Provision of greater flexibility to the post-nine-o'clock time slot; Problems with the BARB ratings system; Proposal of...
- WAYS OF MAKING YOU WATCH. Cole, George; Meall, Lesley // Accountancy;Oct98, Vol. 122 Issue 1262, p99
Discusses issues related to digital television in Great Britain. Major firms competing for digital TV subscribers; Key provisions of the Broadcasting Act of 1996; Broadcasting standards for digital TV. INSETS: HOW IT WORKS.;GOING UNDERGROUND.;WHAT DIGITAL TV CAN OFFER?.
- Brit cable tries to play with big boys. Boehm, Erich // Variety;03/03/97, Vol. 366 Issue 5, p57
Looks at the challenges being faced by British cable industry as it competes with the big boys of British television and telecommunications. Formidable adversary in British Telecom; Emergence of digital terrestrial television as another added problem; Inability of the cable industry to compete...
- Ad growth set to fall to '93 levels, Zenith says. Conley, Clare // Campaign (UK);7/6/2001, Issue 27, p2
Reports on the projected decline of television advertising revenue in Great Britain in 2001. Data from a Zenith Media research; Expected drop in global advertising growth; Causes of the downturn.
- Post convergence. Avis, Tim // Variety;12/13/99, Vol. 377 Issue 5, p83
Deals with the role of British television in the post-production segment of motion pictures. Details on motion picture post-production works done by television; Case of Cinesite; Technological innovations on television broadcasting.