Jubilant nation brought together to spy on BB3
- July TX guide. // Televisual;Jul2002, p78
Presents a television program guide for producers in Great Britain in July 2002.
- Enhanced TV or walled garden? Ljungh, Daniel // TVB Europe;Jan2001, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p6
Reports that Great Britain has the highest digital television penetration in Europe. Concept of the walled-garden approach; Factors that contributed to the trend; Benefits of enhanced television.
- Network planning for DTV. Aird, Brian // TVB Europe;Sep98, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p134
Focuses on a conference held by the International Broadcasting Convention which is aimed at understanding technical challenges in digital television in Great Britain. Creation of real world networks; Delivery of digital television; Automation and ad insertion.
- The bongs may toll for BARB if it concentrates on small fry. Douglas, Torin // Marketing Week;3/11/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p19
Explores potential solutions to measuring the economic viability of digital television broadcasting in Great Britain. Use of recognized scheduling and promotional techniques; Provision of greater flexibility to the post-nine-o'clock time slot; Problems with the BARB ratings system; Proposal of...
- Brit cable tries to play with big boys. Boehm, Erich // Variety;03/03/97, Vol. 366 Issue 5, p57
Looks at the challenges being faced by British cable industry as it competes with the big boys of British television and telecommunications. Formidable adversary in British Telecom; Emergence of digital terrestrial television as another added problem; Inability of the cable industry to compete...
- Ad growth set to fall to '93 levels, Zenith says. Conley, Clare // Campaign;7/6/2001, Issue 27, p2
Reports on the projected decline of television advertising revenue in Great Britain in 2001. Data from a Zenith Media research; Expected drop in global advertising growth; Causes of the downturn.
- GREAT STEP FORWARD HALTED? Miles, Keith // Accountancy;Jun89, Vol. 103 Issue 1150, p144
Focuses on the development of cable television broadcasting in Great Britain. Licensing and regulation; Speed up in the franchise program.
- Do we viewers get our money's worth out of public service TV? Snoddy, Raymond // Marketing (00253650);2/22/2001, p24
Comments on public service television broadcasting in Great Britain. Subsidy paid by British televiewers to public service television; Growth of home-grown drama shows; Need for accountability on how the subsidy is spent.
- Don't underestimate the import of this quiet launch. Douglas, Torin // Marketing Week;10/31/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p17
Discusses the implication of the launching of the digital terrestrial television (DTT) service Freeview on the British government's campaign to expand the cover of digital television in the country. Features of DTT; Advantages of Freeview over other digital services.