TV sponsors buck downward trend
- Volvo signs C4 deal to be first terrestrial sponsor of ER. // Marketing Week;1/28/1999, Vol. 21 Issue 46, p12
Reports that Volvo has signed on to become sponsor of the television broadcast of the show `ER' which will be aired on Channel 4 (C4) in Great Britain. Comment of a Volvo marketing manager; Agencies and intermediaries involved in the deal; Sponsorship of the show on BSkyB.
- Swiftcover.com to sponsor sci-fi on Sky. Turner, Catherine // Marketing Week;12/11/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 50, p85
The article reports on a deal signed by online insurance brand Swiftcover.com to sponsor science fiction television (TV) programmes on various channels of British Sky Broadcasting Group PLC (BSkyB). The six-month deal includes several TV programmes such as "Battlestar Galactica," "A Town called...
- Why it's not just about results. Mutel, Glen // Precision Marketing;4/12/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 28, p12
Focuses on the challenges posed to British direct marketers of the Independent Television Commission's decision to relax television sponsorship rules and allow break bumpers to feature response mechanisms. Reaction of companies to the popularity of bumpers; Details on the experience of More...
- Granada seeks fresh sponsor for SM:TV. Wilkinson, Amanda // Marketing Week;9/19/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p12
Reports that Great Britain-based television broadcaster Granada Enterprises Commercial Ventures is searching for a corporate sponsor for ITV channel's children's television program 'SM:TV Live.' Expiration of the sponsorship deal with fastfood company KFC; Television channel Five's signing of a...
- LIFELINE. // Campaign (UK);1/20/2006, Issue 3, p11
The article focuses on the growth of the television broadcasting sponsorship business in Great Britain over the past 15 years. Limited sponsorship links between programs and advertisers had existed in the country since the mid-1980s, notably Budweiser's deal with Channel 4 and its American...
- Coke, BBC Deal Goes Flat. Brandle, Lars; LeGrand, Emmanuel // Billboard;1/17/2004, Vol. 116 Issue 3, p6
Focuses on the decision of the BBC, a public television and radio broadcaster in Great Britain to cancel its sponsorship deal with Coca-Cola. Reasons for the decision of BBC to remove all on-air credits of Coca-Cola; Criticisms received by the deal from politicians in Britain; Agreement of BBC...
- July TX guide. // Televisual;Jul2002, p78
Presents a television program guide for producers in Great Britain in July 2002.
- Enhanced TV or walled garden? Ljungh, Daniel // TVB Europe;Jan2001, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p6
Reports that Great Britain has the highest digital television penetration in Europe. Concept of the walled-garden approach; Factors that contributed to the trend; Benefits of enhanced television.
- Network planning for DTV. Aird, Brian // TVB Europe;Sep98, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p134
Focuses on a conference held by the International Broadcasting Convention which is aimed at understanding technical challenges in digital television in Great Britain. Creation of real world networks; Delivery of digital television; Automation and ad insertion.