AOL enters the broadband arena selling its prices above BT rates
- Move It or Lose It, AOL. Swartz, Nikki // Wireless Review;11/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p22
Focuses on how America Online Inc. (AOL) is contributing to the barriers to the establishment of a standard for instant messaging (IM). Problems encountered in the implementation of IM; Information on the IM and Presence Protocol; Options being considered by AOL.
- The Shape Of Things To Come. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;09/25/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 39, p30
Reports on the services launched by America Online (AOL) Inc. regarding wireless Internet. Transactions of AOL with other telecommunication companies; Portal services of AOL; Market research implemented by AOL.
- An Unexpected Move. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;8/20/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 34, p1
Reports that America Online (AOL) Incorporated's game plan excludes buying wireless spectrum or establishing itself as a mobile virtual network operator in the United States. Deal between AOL and AT&T Wireless; Why AOL enhanced the messaging and dropped the price of the Mobile Communicator.
- Free Gateways to Online Education. // T H E Journal;Jun2000, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p50
Reports that America Online Inc. is offering a free online learning environment to schools in United States through AOL@SCHOOL. Product features; Installation requirements; Contact information.
- AOL makes small-screen move. Bannan, Karen J. // Inter@ctive Week;05/17/99, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p18
Reports on America Online (AOL) Inc.'s launch of initiatives aimed at giving consumers access to Internet technology and AOL content on their television sets. Announcement of four separate technology deals with DirecTV, Hughest Network Systems, Network Computer and Philips Electronics; Features...
- AOL plans to expand its Internet service. Rodriguez, Karen // InfoWorld;12/26/94 - 1/2/95, Vol. 16 Issue 52/1, p6
Reports on America Online Inc.'s (AOL) efforts to encourage software developers to ship their applications with an AOL Internet browser before the Microsoft Network connects to millions of desktops in 1995. Stand-alone Internet browser that links directly to AOL's Home page on World Wide Web;...
- Forrester sees next instant messaging shootout. Clark, Philip // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Dec99, Vol. 84 Issue 12, p2
Reports that Yahoo! Inc. and America Online (AOL) Inc. are at risk of being left behind in the business-to-business instant messaging category, according to a report by Forrester Research. Comments from Mary Wolf, vice president personalization and communication for AOL; Why AOL is seeking...
- AOL TO TARGET ENTERPRISES WITH INSTANT MESSAGING. // Telephony;06/17/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 24, p9
Reveals the plans of America Online Inc. (AOL) to offer an enterprise-grade instant messaging solution to the business market. Range of products provided by AOL Strategic Business Solutions; Competition facing AOL in the instant messaging business.
- WHAT'S NEWS? // Telephony;10/27/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 21, p22
Presents a quiz on events related to the telecommunication industry in the U.S. Findings of an investigation into Kyocera's Phantom cell phone model; Launch of America Online Inc.'s Netscape; Introduction of Dell's Axim X3 wireless handheld computer.