Corporate Edge lands BTA brief to reverse decline in visits to Britain
- GIVE PESOS A CHANCE. Fromm, Emily // Adweek Eastern Edition;4/10/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 15, p130
Reports on the Mexican Tourism Office's review of its advertising account as of April 10, 2000. Registration fee required by the government agencies from advertising agencies planning to participate in the account review.
- Prestigious Scots tourism account put up for review. // Marketing Week;5/6/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p11
Reports on the review of Historic Scotland's advertising account. Total billings; Advertising agencies which held the Scottish government agency's account; Advertising duties under the account.
- Oklahoma Tourism Account Goes Into Review. Hill, J. Dee // Adweek Southeast Edition;04/23/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p3
Focuses on the advertising account review for the Oklahoma Tourism & Recreation Department. Procedures for the account review; Value of the department's advertising account.
- Georgia Tourism begins discovery process. Siebert, T.W.; Osterman, Jim // Adweek Southeast Edition;03/15/99, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p3
Discusses the request of Georgia's Department of Industry, Trade and Tourism for 20 metropolitan Atlanta agencies to send in their bids for its advertising account. Review of the account held by J. Walter Thompson; Requirements for the applicants.
- Five agencies to split BTA ...15m global brief. Storey, Justine // Marketing Week;7/12/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p10
Reports that the British Tourist Authority will hire five agencies to handle its advertising account in local markets. Discontinuation of its plan to hire a global agency; Aim of reversing the decline in tourism caused by the foot and mouth disease; Funding granted to BTA by the British...
- State theme promotes New Jersey tourism. // Hotel & Motel Management;11/7/94, Vol. 209 Issue 19, p64
Reports on New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman's introduction of a new advertising theme to promote tourism in the state during a special ceremony at the New Jersey State Museum. Incorporation of the theme `What a Difference a State Makes' into all government communications; Travel...
- California drafts in stars for ads. // Marketing (00253650);12/12/2007, p7
The article reports that Arnold Schwarzenegger, film star and governor of California, is to feature in a television advertising campaign promoting the U.S. state to British tourists. The campaign, funded by California Tourism, breaks on Boxing Day and also features celebrity artist Rob Lowe.
- Chiles: Privatize Florida tourism marketing. Zbar, Jeffery D. // Advertising Age;1/23/1995, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p39
Reports on the plans of Governor Lawton Chiles to privatize Florida's tourism marketing. Proposal to eliminate the state Department of Commerce that oversees the Division of Tourism; Comments from industry executives; Effect of the tightening of tax-supported advertising budgets.
- Heavy-hitters line up for Hong Kong Tourism pitch. Li, Benjamin // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;2/21/2008, p8
The article focuses on the advertising tender of Hong Kong, China's Tourism Board (HKTB). Six advertising agencies would be briefed for the tender. The HKTB is likely to spend $42 million on its campaign in 2008. Responding to media reports about HKTB's spending on senior management, Gary Tse,...