- Do oil prices still matter? Brown, William A. // ABA Banking Journal;Oct2000, Vol. 92 Issue 10, p80
Talks about the increase of oil prices in the United States from 1999 to 2000. Reaction of the markets and policymakers and explanation for their reaction; Historical record of the oil price increases; Reasons to expect that the impact of the recent oil price increase will be less severe than...
- Russia: Oil Spike Provides Another Leg Up. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/7/2011, Vol. 16 Issue 42, p15
The article reports on the impact of the increase in Brent crude oil prices on Russian financial markets in 2011.
- Futures shock: How to play oil stocks. Patron, Edward // Financial World;4/22/96, Vol. 165 Issue 7, p16
Focuses on the implications of the increase in the price of crude oil by five dollars a barrel in three weeks. Prospects in the futures market; Impact of the supply-and-demand balance which had occurred during the 1970s; Implications for energy investors.
- Oil in search of direction. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;1/21/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p17
Reports on the movement of the crude oil markets during the second week of January in 2000. Trading in calm conditions; Recovery of prices in trading on January 12; Position adopted by Kuwait and Iran regarding the cutbacks.
- Warehouse Lenders Struggle Through Merger Boom. Julavits, Robert // American Banker;10/27/2000 Supplement, Vol. 165, p9A
Discusses the impact of mass consolidations in the mortgage industry on the warehouse lending sector in the United States. Decline in mortgage business; Services provided by warehouse lenders to mortgage banks; Provision of interim financing to mortgage banks that are waiting to sell loans in...
- MasterCard To Integrate 5one Into MC Advsisors. // ISO & Agent Weekly;11/13/2014, Vol. 10 Issue 42, p3
The article reports that financial services firm MasterCard, Inc. has acquired consultancy firm 5one Marketing, Ltd. for an undisclosed amount and mentions topics including mergers and acquisitions, MasterCard Advisors, and MasterCard Advisors President Kevin Stanton.
- Illinois marketers see below-cost merits. Dwyer, Steve // National Petroleum News;Sep94, Vol. 86 Issue 10, p14
Reports on the drafting of a proposed below-cost pricing bill by the Illinois Petroleum Marketers Association. Limitations of Tennessee legislation; Need for bill's flexibility; Views from industry officials.
- Latin CDS: Still Venezuela Over Argentina. // Emerging Markets Monitor;4/21/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p13
The article looks at the expectations on the credit default swap (CDS) market in Venezuela in 2008. It predicts a narrowing of the spread of the Venezuelan CDS over the CDS from Argentina. The authors observe that political risks have greater effect on the CDS market compared with oil prices....
- MENA Stocks: Reiterating Our Preferences. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/1/2010, Vol. 15 Issue 41, p17
The article presents an outlook for the performance of Middle East and North Africa (MENA) stock markets. The Gulf markets are expected to be affected by a severe downturn in the oil price, but a short-term improvement is possible. The Dubai Financial Market General Index could retest the low of...