Deutsche Bank UK online launch put on ice
- ECNs capture third of OTC market. Kennedy, Mike // Pensions & Investments;9/3/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 18, p24
Focuses on the use of electronic communications networks (ECN) in the over-the-counter stock trading system in the United States. Alternative trading systems of buy-side financial institutions; Competition among ECN; Acquisition status in the ECN market.
- Primex faces much competition. Barreto, Susan // Pensions & Investments;6/14/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p47
Focuses on the electronic trading system called Primex Auction System created by Goldman Sachs Group Inc., Merrill Lynch & Co. and Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities in the United States. Ability of technology to handle large volumes of trades from institutions; Competition with other...
- J.P. Morgan, Chase to Liffe: Slow Down. Forman, Michael // Securities Industry News;08/23/99, Vol. 11 Issue 33, p1
Focuses on the opposition of various financial institutions to the proposed transition of the London International Financial Futures and Options Exchange in London, England to an all-electronic trading facility. J.P. Morgan and Chase Manhattan's contention that the proposed transition to...
- DB Pulls Out Of MaxBlue. // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;Nov2003, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p7
Reports on the decision of German financial services group Deutsche Bank to exit its MaxBlue discount broker operation in Brazil and give its stake to Banco do Brasil. Means for Deutsche Bank to increase its European profits; Value of the assets owned by the MaxBlue brand.
- Internet puts low-cost FX trading in reach of small plans. Williams, Fred // Pensions & Investments;6/12/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p22
Reports on an Internet-based foreign exchange trading (FX) service offered by GAIN Capital in Warren, New Jersey. Completion of initial testing; Launch of live service in May 2000; Provision of service to small and mid-sized institutional traders; International financial institutions which have...
- Berkeley Morgan in move to Assureweb. Love, Bruce // Money Marketing;1/22/2004, p8
Reports that Berkeley Morgan is dropping electronic trading platform Webline in favor of Assureweb. Reinforcement of the growing appeal of no-fees Internet-based services for independent financial advisers (IFA); Ability to write policies online; Cost savings to be made against the Webline offer.
- When 500 Milliseconds Is Way Too Long. Wold, Melanie // Securities Industry News;6/7/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p24
Discusses the data latency issues faced by financial services firms in using real-time data for automated trading systems. Information on the established direct feeds from relevant exchanges to receive full breadth of data on a timely basis; Software solutions to enable firms to receive and...
- Deutsche Bank Fined for Program Trading Violations. Chapman, Peter // Traders Magazine;May2004, Vol. 17 Issue 225, p20
Reports that the Deutsche Bank AG in Great Britain has been affected by the program trading violations. Amount of money fined by the England's Financial Services Authority; Violations committed; Informations dissemination on program trading practices.
- Schwab Blasts SMMP Concept; ICI Wants Proposal Revised. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;3/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31337, p4
Reports the rejection of the proposal of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to exclude retail investors from electronic trading network in Washington D.C. Problem on creating regulatory incentives; Growth of online trading; Reduction of regulatory obligations.