Hula Hoops adds banned on daytime TV
- Calls for ad-free children's TV. Cozens, Claire // Campaign;09/25/98, Issue 39, p18
Reports that the Swedish government is lobbying to have advertising restrictions placed on television programming for children, under age twelve across the European Union. Information on the two-pronged ban which protects these children from advertisements in Sweden; Reference to research which...
- The children's hour. Kanner, B. // New York;7/18/88, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p10
A bill passed by the House of Representatives in June will limit commercials on children's programs to ten and a half minutes an hour on weekends and twelve minutes on weekdays, beginning Jan. 1, 1990. Reactions to legislation by co-sponsors Rep. Edward Markey (D-Mass) and Rep. Matthew Rinaldo...
- Russian panel seeks to limit tv ad time. // Adweek Western Edition;3/21/94, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p18
Reports on legislation in the State Duma, the lower house of parliament in Russia, regarding the limiting of advertising time on television.
- French open door to film ads on TV. Bennett, Ray; Williams, Chad // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;2/25/2003, Vol. 377 Issue 25, p73
Reports on the indication given by the French government to European Commission regarding the modification of a law that includes a long standing ban on television advertising for certain sectors. Possible benefits of the steps taken.
- Romanian capitalism spreads TV ad chaos. Lionachescu, Doru // Advertising Age;1/16/1995, Vol. 66 Issue 3, pI-8
Reports on the impact of a planned enactment and subsequent suspension of laws prohibiting advertisements on state-owned television channels in Romania. Information on the ban by the Romanian National Council for Audiovisual; Possible suspension of the ban; Arguments of private and state...
- House panel seeks to hush noisy ads. Hart, Kim // Hill;10/9/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 116, p7
The article reports on the bill, which would prohibit television commercials from being excessively loud, approved by the U.S. House Subcommittee on Communications, Technology and the Internet.
- Iowa State Bar to restrict lawyer TV ads. Cooper, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;12/6/93, Vol. 123 Issue 49, p92
Reports on the Iowa State Bar's proposal of a rule to require lawyers licensed to practice in Iowa to adhere to state laws regarding television advertising. Trade barrier between states; Supreme Court's ruling on lawyer advertising on television as protected speech; Reaction by lawyers.
- CALM Down. Mcadams, Deborah // TV Technology;11/9/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 23, p6
A blog regarding the passage of the Commercial Advertising Loudness Mitigation Act in the U.S. is presented.
- ITC review so radical you wouldn't even notice it. Douglas, Torin // Marketing Week;9/5/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p17
Focuses on the television advertising standards code of the Independent Television Commission in Great Britain. Information on the advertising bans; Recommendations for the commercials of religious groups; Regulations for tobacco, guns, pornography, betting and political advertising.