BTA director behind UK:OK drive to quit
- BTA hunts two marketers following Government decision to close ETC. // Marketing Week;11/7/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 45, p7
Reports that the British Tourist Authority (BTA) is searching for two marketing chiefs following the closure of the English Tourism Council (ETC) and transfer of ETC functions to the BTA. Responsibility of the BTA to promote England to the domestic market; Plan by BTA to change is name as part...
- British Tourism splits budget by segment, with hip pitch to GenX. Underwood, Elaine // Brandweek;12/11/95, Vol. 36 Issue 47, p4
Reports on the British Tourism Authority's (BTA) marketing initiatives in the United States for December 1995. Target markets; Features of the `UK--The Guide' periodical; Transfer of account to Berenter Greenhouse & Webster in New York.
- ETB makes break with BTA to strengthen English brand. // Marketing Week;5/14/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p9
Announces that the English Tourist Board (ETB) in the United Kingdom, is planning to have a separate communications division from that of the umbrella organization, the British Tourist Authority (BTA). Reasons for ETB move; ETB discussion on how to market England as a destination; Allocation of...
- BTA backs UK at Dubai show. // Marketing Event;Apr99, p13
Looks at the effort of the British Tourist Authority in organizing the Dubai World Trade Centre for an exhibition to be held on May 4-7, 1999 in Dubai. Partners of the authority in organizing; Comments from Adrian Bevan, regional manager of the authority.
- Guide to Theatre and Music. // In Britain;Jul95, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p8
Reports on the publication of the guidebook `Guide to Theatre & Music' in Great Britain. Availability of guidebook from the British Tourist Authority.
- BTA news ... // In Britain;Jan2000, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p7
Presents notices from the British Tourist Authority (BTA) as of January 2000. BTA Johannesburg voted as the best tourism office in South Africa; Transfer of the office of the BTA in Brussels, Belgium.
- What to read ... // In Britain;Jan2000, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p8
Features the year 2000 issue of the periodical `Time to Travel,' published by the British Tourist Authority specially written for travelers from the United States.
- BRITAIN'S ROYAL HERITAGE. // In Britain;Jun2002, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p8
Features the 'Britain's Royal Heritage' publication of the British Tourist Authority for the Jubilee celebration of the Queen Mother. Number of featured places around Great Britain; Introduction of the Prince of Wales; Duration of the Jubilee weekend.
- BTA scores Owen goal. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;2/11/2002, Issue 2500, p24
Deals with the effort taken by the British Tourist Authority to revive tourism in Great Britain at the Spanish trade show Fitur in Madrid. Medium used by the BTA; Other European countries that have participated in the trade show.