Board meetings in the bedroom
- The telltale heart. Emanoil // Human Ecology;Fall99, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p10
Features a study by social psychologist Cindy Hazan, linking family relationships with a person's health and well-being. Three basic relationship patterns; Use of heart rates to determine the effects of emotional bonds on personal development; Comparative results of the test.
- Foundations of Scholarly Consulting. Laske, Otto E. // Consulting Psychology Journal: Practice & Research;Summer2000, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p178
Argyris's notion of theory-in-use is deepened by showing empirically that it regards levels of mental growth. Scholarly consulting is redefined as pertaining to the design of interventions that take into account the level of mental growth of organization members. Level of mental growth is...
- Jan Bailey on helping young people prepare for leadership roles. // Director (00123242);Feb2006, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p35
Presents suggestions on preparing for leadership roles in an organization. Importance of providing challenges and opportunities; Encouragement to take control of their personal development; Involvement of a mentor.
- Committed to a healthy future. // Northern Ontario Business;Nov2000, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p14
Features the Quetico Centre, a nonprofit organization committed to the use of learning processes to improve human endeavors. Improvement of the leadership skills of individuals; Challenge of helping people create better futures; Offer of assistance in business planning.
- Publish or Perish: The Write Thing for Nursing. Smith, Alison P. // Nursing Economic$;Nov/Dec2004, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p342
This article discusses various issues related to the significance of writing and publishing in nursing. The process of writing promotes personal growth through the challenge of research, organization of thoughts, and the actual formulation of clear wording. Arguments supporting the personal time...
- The Power of Cooperation. Clinton, Bill // Finance & Development;Dec2012, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p18
The author reflects on the need to extend the circle of opportunity for every person's chance to succeed and progress. He elaborates everyone's understanding on cooperation that enhances the stability of society and the work of the international aid community from philanthropy to partnership. He...
- Russian-British school "7 keys". Petrushkina, L. V. // Contemporary Higher Education: Innovative Aspects / Sovremennaia;Oct2011, Issue 4, p17
Conceptual provisions of future school are discussed: principles of humanistic theory of personal development, organization of environment, content of education.
- Family Work. Fralix, Patti // Personal Excellence;Sep2006, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p6
The article describes three types of work essential in personal and professional growth. To be at one's best, a better integration is needed. When it comes to family work, responsibilities should be divided more equally. The author suggests the three P model which stands for plan, purge and perform.
- keeping your life organized. Stanley, T.L. // Supervision;Jan2005, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p11
Discusses ways in keeping life organized. Phases of individual growth; Suggestions on balancing work-life and family-life; Tips for effective day planning.