Partnerships & Acquisitions
- Scholastic Acquires Tom Snyder, Torstar Leaves Education Behind. // Educational Marketer;1/7/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p5
Reports on the acquisition of Tom Synder Productions by K-12 powerhouse Scholastic in December 2001.
- Scholastic Adds E-Encyclopedias, Door To New Market With Grolier. // Educational Marketer;05/01/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p2
Reports on the acquisition of Grolier of Danbury, Connecticut from Legardere S.C.A. of France, by Scholastic Corp. of New York.
- Scholastic acquires U.K. marketer. // Publishers Weekly;12/9/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 50, p17
Reports on the acquisition by Scholastic Corp. of Red House Books Ltd. The status of Scholastic as being the largest distributor and direct marketer of children's books in the United Kingdom.
- Scholastic Pursuing Purchase Of Grolier, Agreement Could Be Reached Soon. // Book Publishing Report;04/10/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p1
Reports that Scholastic will finalize its acquisition deal for Grolier Inc. in year 2000. Terms of the purchase; Details of the purchase options considered by Scholastic.
- Scholastic Agrees to Acquire Grolier. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/17/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 16, p9
Reports that Scholastic company had reached a definitive agreement to acquire Grolier Inc. Value of the deal; Significance of the deal; Operations of both companies.
- Scholastic buys Klutz kids pub. Tillson, Tamsen // Daily Variety;3/6/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 3, p6
Reports the acquisition of Klutz by Scholastic. Amount of the purchase; Factors influencing the sale of Klutz; Benefit of the acquisition on the business operations of Scholastic.
- Scholastic acquires Grolier. Bing, Jonathan // Daily Variety;04/17/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 32, p15
Reports on the planned merger between United States-based publishing companies Scholastic and Grolier as of April 17, 2000.
- SCHOLASTIC BUYS REFERENCE PUBLISHER GROLIER. Branch, Al // Curriculum Administrator;Jun2000, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p12
Reports on the decision of Web site firm, Scholastic.com to purchase the reference publishing business of Grolier Inc. Significance of the Grolier acquisition according to Scholastic executives; Estimates of the transaction's value.
- Robinson: Grolier Will Boost Scholastics Profits. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/24/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 17, p12
Focuses on the advantages of the pending acquisition of Grolier company by Scholastic company. Annual costs savings; Revenues from cross-selling of their products; Credibility of Grolier among school librarians.