Committee Begins Reviewing New Federal Title I School Regulations
- Golden age, schmolden age. Jackson, Hugh // Las Vegas Business Press;06/07/99, Vol. 16 Issue 22, p4
Presents views about the standard of education that is prevalent in the United States in the 1990s. Comparisons with past educational systems; Criticisms against the existing education system.
- Looking Closely at the Common Core State Standards. Young, Terrell A.; Ward, Barbara A. // New England Reading Association Journal;2013, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p60
The article sheds insights into the Common Core State Standards (CCSS), that are integrated into today's classrooms in the U.S.
- On Standardized Tests: A Strong Dissent. // Education Week;4/16/1986, Vol. 5 Issue 30, p37
An excerpt from the report "Barriers to Excellence: Our Children at Risk," commissioned by the National Coalition of Advocates for Students is presented.
- RICK HESS STRAIGHT UP. Hess, Rick // Education Week;8/11/2010, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p19
The article presents a blog by Rick Hess on common-core educational standards in the U.S.
- Math Standards: Too Much What, Too little How? Boergadine, Frazer // Education Week;8/11/2010, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p36
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "States Adopt Standards at Fast Clip" in the July 14, 2010 issue of the journal.
- BRIDGING THE DIVIDE Reconciling Administrator and Faculty Concerns Regarding Online Education. Wickersham, Leah E.; McElhany, Julie A. // Quarterly Review of Distance Education;Spring2010, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p1
Online education opportunities continue to expand across the United States, as is evidenced at a regional institution in northeast Texas. Research literature supports that both administrators and faculty have concerns regarding online education. The authors conducted a study at this institution...
- A POLITICALLY DIVISIVE ISSUE. // Our Sunday Visitor;3/30/2014, Vol. 102 Issue 48, p12
The article discusses the complexity of the politics of the Common Core State Standards, a set of educational standards in English language arts and mathematics for students in the U.S.
- The Embedded Nature of Standards-Based Instruction. Hartwell, Richard D.; Furr, Cyndi J. // Kappa Delta Pi Record;Fall2003, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p6
Focuses on the efforts of teachers to align their instruction with the standards being adopted in the U.S., as of September 2003. Criticisms against a view of standards-based instruction; Significance of the belief that multiple educational standards are being addressed simultaneously and...
- Minimum Standards for Education in Emergencies, Chronic Crises, and Early Reconstruction: Issues and Debates on Quality, Impact, and Accountability. Subramanian, Mathangi // Current Issues in Comparative Education;Apr2007, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p3
The author reflects on the issue concerning the standards for education in public schools in the U.S. According to the author, reports have revealed the failure of the public school system of the country to provide its poorest students with a basic education. In addition, it has been indicated...