Around The States
- Assessment And Tools To Improve Student Performance Will Be The Digital Stars Of 2002. // Electronic Education Report;01/18/2002, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p1
Focuses on the effect of education spending to improve student performance on the instructional software market in the United States. Promotion of government on literacy of children; Popularity of standalone/modulator software among students; Increase in revenues of the online courseware.
- Issues in Supervisor Roles: What Do Practitioners Say? // Educational Leadership;Dec76, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p217
Reports on the results of a survey concerning the practices of education supervisors in the United States. Priority for teacher evaluation, leadership for change and relationship to children; Important issues regarding supervisory practices.
- The Coriolanus Syndrome. Campbell, David // Phi Delta Kappan;Apr97, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p640
Opinion. Expresses frustration with the curriculum in some schools in the United States which are molded according to accrediting agencies and Educational Testing Service standards. Bemoaning an intense focus on academics in education.
- The Bottom Line. // NEA Today;Sep97, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p8
Presents information about education in the United States. Out-of-field assignments of teachers in secondary-level classes; American fourth graders' performance in mathematics and sciences as compared to other industrial nations; Cutbacks in school physical education programs in the United States.
- Become an Advocate for Innovative Programs. DeWitt, Stephen // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Oct2009, Vol. 84 Issue 7, p12
In this article the author discusses the international visits of various nations in the U.S., including China, Denmark and Greenland. He explains that these nations aim to learn about the U.S. career and technical education (CTE) system to address the challenges that have not been settled...
- SHARING TECHNOLOGY-BASED ACTIVITY IDEAS WITH OTHERS. Seymour, Richard D. // Technology Teacher;Sep2003, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p7
Focuses on technology education programs introduced in schools in the U.S. Difference in instructional style of technology education program and other academic disciplines; Means of imparting technology education.
- IDSA: IDENTIFYING CAREER OPTIONS WITH A BETTER MOUSETRAP (CAR). Down, Paul // Technology Teacher;Sep2003, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p15
Focuses on collaboration between Industrial Designers Society of America and International Technology Education Association to impart technology education in the U.S. Effect of technology education on academic results; Means to impart technology education.
- F.Y.I. // T H E Journal;May2002, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p32
Reports developments on computer technologies used in education as of May 2002 in the U.S. Introduction of SMART Board Lesson Plans online instructional resource program by SMART Technologies; Availability of the newsletter for teachers; Features of BookHq.com website.
- News Notes. McKean, Robert C.; Taylor, Bob L. // Educational Leadership;Feb77, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p398
Presents news briefs concerning education in the U.S., as of February 1977. Development of curriculum for the primary grades in Washington; Application of small group instruction in Kansas; Improvement of the reading skills of nine-year-olds.