Ebrary Hits Stride With New Product, Partners With Higher Education
- Behavioral health on-line? Drotos, J. Chip // Behavioral Health Management;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p40
Opinion. Presents the author's view on the use of computer in providing intake data on the people being referred to behavioral health companies. How he checks the health status of of the people being referred to him; His view regarding referral agents; His questions regarding how software...
- ERP/MRP II. // IIE Solutions;May97, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p92
Presents information about the different computer products featuring an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system and manufacturing server tool. Manufacturer of the products, its features and applications; Workflow management module for INFOFLO enterprise resource planning (ERP) system; Version...
- Beilstein's CrossFire for Excel--The World of Chemistry on a Spreadsheet. Cheeseman, Elaine N. // Database;Oct98, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p51
Focuses on the introduction of CrossFire for aaplication software Microsoft Excel developed by Beilstein Information System that enables information analysis from the Beilstein CrossFire database. Overview of the CrossFire for Excel interface; Advantages of the CrossFire for Excel interface;...
- ANALY$OURCE INTRODUCES ANALYTICAL SOFTWARE TOOL. // Online Product News;Aug2000, p5
Introduces an online version of the analytical software tool of DMD America with Delta Marketing Dynamics in the United States. Services offered by the database management software; Ability of the users to track product deal incentives offered to wholesalers and retailers; Information on online...
- Total Recall. Bethke, Walter // Review of Ophthalmology;Jun2001 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p29
Reports the development of two software packages designed for the patients. Effectiveness of the software in assisting patient appointments; Application of the computerized scheduling program; Capabilities of the system; Maintenance and features of the program.
- ASP IMPLEMenTation guide. Paul, Lauren Gibbons // Network World;01/22/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p44
Focuses on the implementation of application service providers (ASP) in the United States. Definition of ASP; Evolution of the ASP model; Benefits and drawbacks of using ASP; Interest on the purchase of software licenses by potential ASP customers.
- Picking a winner. Paul, Lauren Gibbons // Network World;01/22/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p46
Focuses on the problems faced by application service providers in the United States. Struggle in overcoming user fears; Importance of investigating the financial status of the providers; Need of building repeatable business processes and configurable computer software.
- Web services on desktop. // eWeek;1/21/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p14
Reports the establishment of Web services on desktop that enhances users access of information for software applications. Design of Microsoft Office XP Web Services toolkit and Smart Tag Enterprise Resource toolkit; Production of Microsoft Office based Web services; Solution on the integration...
- Bloatware and the thin client: What's an ISP to do? Balles, Gary A. // Inter@ctive Week;2/10/97, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p38
Reports that the average software program has become far too bloated to trim down to the ideal fighting weight for a thin client because of the chunky software shipped by the consumer online services. Indicators of Bloatware; Microsoft and Intel Corp.'s effort to reduce the costs of managing a...