OCLC netLibrary Purchase Approved, Company To Operate Independently
- OCLC Online Computer Library Center Throws Lifeline To NetLibrary As It Files For Bankruptcy. // Educational Marketer;11/19/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 33, p1
Reports on the purchase of the assets of NetLibrary by OCLC Online Computer Library Center on November 14, 2001.
- OCLC Acquires Blackwell's Authority Control Services. // Information Today;Nov97, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p49
Reports that OCLC of Dublin, Ohio, acquired Blackwell's Authority Control Services business in 1997. How the acquisition will assist in OCLC's efforts to make libraries' cataloging efficient; Contact information.
- OCLC Acquires Assets Of Failing NetLibrary For $10 Million. // Educational Marketer;12/10/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 35, p7
Highlights the acquisition deal between Online Computer Library Center Inc. and netLibrary Incorporated.
- OCLC OFFERS TO PURCHASE ASSETS OF NETLIBRARY. // Online Libraries & Microcomputers;Dec2001, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the plan of Online Computer Library Center to acquire the assets of netLibrary. Value of the deal; Reaction of the library community to the possible acquisition; Problems concerned in the sale of netLibrary.
- QUICK CLICKS. // American Libraries;May2007, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p34
The article presents information technology-related news briefs. EBSCO has released Points of View Reference Center, a full-text database that provides essays on numerous topics that present multiple sides of issues. Springer has credited Google Book Search with increased sales of its 29,000...
- OCLC snaps up eBook. Jezzard, Helen // Information World Review;Feb2002, Issue 177, p3
Reports on the acquisition of the assets of NetLibrary by the Online Computer Library Centre. Terms of the deal; Information on how NetLibrary's business helped the center's financial problems.
- OCLC Offers to Purchase netLibrary's Assets. Hane, Paula J. // Information Today;Dec2001, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p1
Reports that OCLC has made an offer to purchase assets of netLibrary and assume certain liabilities. How netLibrary filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection; Transaction which involves a loan from OCLC to fund netLibrary's ongoing operations through the transition period.
- netLibrary Purchase Approved. // Publishers Weekly;1/21/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the approval of the United States Bankruptcy Court of the District of Colorado on the sale of the assets of netLibrary to Online Computer Library Center. Estimated value of the assets; Operations of the business units following the completion of the deal.
- OCLC Offers to Buy NetLibrary. // American Libraries;Jan2002, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p34
Discusses the offer to purchase the assets of electronic book distributor NetLibrary by OCLC. Details of the offer; Bankruptcy filing of NetLibrary; How the purchase will benefit OCLC; Need for an approval by the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Colorado.