K-8 Teachers Spend Over $1 Million Of Their Money To Equip Classrooms
- Scholastic Tests Services To Teachers Via Handheld Devices. // Educational Marketer;11/13/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p6
Reports the launching of Scholastic Wireless Education in Motion, a handheld device for teachers, in November 2000.
- On the Move. Mann, Thomasina // Teaching Pre K-8;May2001, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p12
Provides tips for teachers on cleaning out the unnecessary educational materials and organizing what is essential during the summer. Guidelines on packing things.
- Got holes in your pockets... // NEA Today;Feb98, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p9
Focuses on the legislation passed by lawmakers in Louisiana that provides allotments for teachers to buy classroom supplies. Average amount of teacher's own money spent in purchasing classroom supply; Restriction of the bill.
- So Much Stuff. MANN[*], THOMASINA // Teaching Pre K-8;Mar99, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p10
Presents information on the teaching aids and materials for teachers. Importance of the saving scraps and old materials for teachers.
- Send for. // School Library Journal;Nov97, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p47
Presents some educational materials that will help teachers in their profession. `Nature for Me kit'; `Getting By: What American Teenagers Really Think about Their Schools'; Teaching kit provided by the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation for teaching history; Information offered by the materials.
- Dive in! Don't worry, you'll swim! Holzberg, Carol S. // Instructor-Primary;Mar1998, Vol. 107 Issue 6, Primary Theme Club p10
Looks at the benefits derived from introducing technology into teaching and the importance of training teachers accordingly. How to get students involved in the use of technology resources. INSET: Training resources.
- Middle school confidential: The long gray good day. Katz, Claudia Anne; Kuby, Sue Ann // Journal of Adolescent & Adult Literacy;Mar98, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p486
Relates the experience of a middle school graphic organizer of helping a novice teacher develop a visual framework to analyze key informational relationships. Instruction on how to use a Time Line; Efforts of the novice teacher to teach students on how to make a Time Line.
- Teachers' attitudes toward a teachers' guide: Implications for the roles of planners and teachers. Shkedi, Asher // Journal of Curriculum & Supervision;Winter95, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p155
Examines the attitudes of teachers toward the use of teachers' guides on curriculum. Extent of usage of teachers' guides; Qualities of an effective teachers' guide; Ways of using teachers' guides; Approaches to curriculum.
- The effects of preinstructional activities and mental maps in enhancing learner recall and... Bassoppo-Moyo, Temba C. // International Journal of Instructional Media;1997, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p239
Discusses the effects of preinstructional activities and mental maps in enhancing learner recall and conceptual learning of instructional materials for preservice teachers in Zimbabwe. Characteristics of advance organizers, performance objectives and structured overviews; Purposes of the study.