Harcourt Bats A Homer For New Parent Reed Elsevier in 2001
- Reed Elsevier & Harcourt Financials, Year Ended Dec. 31, 2004 vs. 2003. // Educational Marketer;3/7/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p4
Presents a chart depicting the financial performance of Reed Elsevier PLC and Harcourt Financials in the U.S.
- Harcourt U.S. School Revenue Flat In 2004; Testing Revenue Up 8%. // Educational Marketer;3/7/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p4
Reports on the financial performance of Reed Elsevier's Harcourt Education division in the U.S. Improvement of the underlying revenue for the division; Impact of the Indiana math adoption on the company's sales; Decline of the adjusted profits.
- K-12 Supplemental, Higher Education E-Learning Shows Improvement In First Half Of 2004. // Educational Marketer;8/16/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the financial results of educational publishing companies in the U.S. as of the first semester of 2004. Factors augmenting the profit growth of eCollege.com; Decline in the revenue incurred by Reed Elsevier PLC; Total profit generated by Haights Cross Communications Inc.
- Publishers Turn in Mixed Results in H1. // Educational Marketer;8/6/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 15, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of textbook publishers in the first quarter of 2007. Accordingly, among the major publishers who posted a positive growth are McGraw-Hill Education and Pearson Education Inc., which generated revenue of $979 million and $1.88 billion,...
- Reed Elsevier to sell its British papers. // Editor & Publisher;8/12/95, Vol. 128 Issue 32, p16
Reports on Reed Elsevier's plans to sell its regional newspapers in Great Britain. Other newspapers and assets to be sold.
- Sales, profits up at Reed Elsevier. Wheeler, Sara // Publishers Weekly;8/22/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 34, p12
Reports that media company Reed Elsevier plans to seek a New York Stock Exchange listing. Release of financial results for the first half of 1994; Pretax profits; Sales; Major acquisitions in 1993; Finalization of compensation terms with former co-chairman Peter Davis.
- Reed reports strong results. Wheeler, Sara // Publishers Weekly;8/21/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 34, p16
Focuses on the financial performance of Reed Elsevier for the six months to June 1995. Reasons for the results; Comparison with 1994 figures.
- Reed-Elsevier To Buy Harcourt, Then Spin Off Higher Education Assets To Thomson Corp. // Educational Marketer;11/06/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 31, p1
Reports that British-Dutch publisher Reed-Elsevier agreed to purchase Harcourt General as of November 6, 2000.
- Harcourt Sale Put On Hold Pending British Review Of Competition. // Educational Marketer;03/05/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p4
Reports on the delay of the closure of an acquisition agreement between Reed-Elsevier and Harcourt General until the end of May 2001.