U.S. College Sales Up 5.4% In 2001, 2002 Should Look The Same
- College Textbook Return Growth Rate Slows in July, Clips Net Sales. // Educational Marketer;9/22/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 27, p6
Provides information on the decline in college textbook return growth rate in July 2003. Net incurred by the U.S. college instructional material publishers in July of the same year; Gross sales generated by the publishers for the month of September 2003; Average of the ratio of returns to gross...
- DIFFICULTIES THAT A NOVICE ONLINE INSTRUCTOR FACED. Hee Jun Choi; Ji-Hye Park // Quarterly Review of Distance Education;Fall2006, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p317
The article presents a case study which explores the difficulties faced by a novice online instructor. The study delineates the first online teaching experience of an instructor at a big university in the Midwestern U.S. The study finds that online teaching generated some challenges for the...
- Amid Changing Market, College Sales Rise 1.4%. // Educational Marketer;4/4/2014, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p3
The article reports on the growth of the sale of course materials for colleges and universities in the U.S. in 2013 and discusses the sales report released by publishing group Association of American Publishers.
- HEW grants for AV buying. // Library Journal;1/15/1977, Vol. 102 Issue 2, p157
Reports on the United States government's awarding of multi-million dollar grants to post-secondary institutions in different states for the purchase of instructional equipment and materials, including circuit instructional television equipment.
- College IM Sales Flatten in July, up 0.2%. // Educational Marketer;9/27/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 19, p6
The article reports on the decline of college instructional materials (IM) sales in the U.S. for July 2010. According to a report released by the Association of American Publishers (AAP), the net sales of college IM has decreased up to 0.2 percent. Moreover, a chart is presented depicting the...
- College Sales Rebound in Sept., Driving YTD Growth up 1%. // Educational Marketer;11/17/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 33, p6
Reports the sale of instructional materials to the U.S. college. Financial performance of Credit Suisse First Boston Corp.; Increase in sales; Controversy over the sale of discounted foreign editions of textbooks used in U.S. classrooms via online retailers.
- Developing Instructional Materials in the Sloan Experiment. Seay, Ruth Hillis // Educational Leadership;Apr1951, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p417
The article focuses on the development of new instructional materials as part of the Project in Applied Economics, which was initiated by three U.S. universities. The project has come to be known as the Sloan Experiment. During the first year of the experiment, a need for special instructional...
- College Sales Grow 4.1% in November. // Educational Marketer;02/13/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on the growth in the sales of instructional materials in the U.S. in November 2011. It mentions that net sales of instructional materials in U.S. colleges increased by 4.1 percent to 244 million dollars. It notes that he transition to digital instructional materials can help...
- THE PREPARATION OF STUDENTS FOR THE C.P.A. EXAMINATION. Rosenkampff, A. H. // Accounting Review;Sep27, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p278
The article presents information related to students preparing for the Certified Professional Accountants examination in the U.S. It has been viewed that the ideal accounting problem should be free from vague, obscure, and ambiguous statement; it should not be too lengthy; and it should permit...