College E-Textbooks Hibernate, While Custom Publishing Catches Publishers' Eyes
- Study: Despite Strong Sales In Recent Years, No Major Publishers Boast Top Math Programs. // Educational Marketer;10/11/99, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p1
Reports on the results of a study which showed that none of the leading publishers of mathematics textbooks for the K-12 market were singled out for being top instructional programs.
- News Briefs... // Educational Marketer;01/17/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p8
Presents news briefs on the textbook publishing industry in the United States as of January 17, 2000.
- News Briefs... // Educational Marketer;08/14/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 23, p7
Presents updates on textbook publishing companies in the United States as of August 14, 2000.
- Deadline Looms, Pearson, Harcourt Struggle In CA Reading Adoption. // Educational Marketer;12/10/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 35, p4
Reports that six publishers are struggling to break into the 2002 California K-8 reading and language arts textbook adoption.
- 2003 Begins Nicely for U.S. K-12 Publishers, Year-to-Date Up 13%. // Educational Marketer;6/23/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 18, p3
Reports on the positive trend in K-12 basal textbook sales in the U.S. Account of sale increases according to the Association of American Publishers; Growth rate in revenue from basal and supplemental materials; Factors influencing the sales volume.
- Major Print Publishers Try E-Texts For K-12 As Economy Buffets Print. // Electronic Education Report;10/24/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 21, p1
Reports the plan of major publishers to launch electronic textbooks for economy buffets print. Preparation for the adoption of the book; Release of the Writing and Grammar from the Pearson Education; Type of books published by the Harcourt Education Group of Orlando.
- Less Evolution, More Creationism in Textbooks. Zuidema, Henry P. // Educational Leadership;Dec81, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p217
Reports that publishers in the U.S. are supporting the creationists by including creation concepts in science text books. Reason why the publishers have decided to include creationism in the text books; Examples of various texts that discuss issues related to creationism; Reaction of educators...
- Elsevier to provide textbooks for five edX MOOCs. // Information World Review;10/25/2013, p3
The article reports that publishing company Elsevier will provide its science and technology textbook content for free to edX, a massive open online course (MOOC) platform founded by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Harvard University. It discusses the use of an Elsevier text...
- Good call. Carpenter, Rebecca // Quill & Quire;Oct98, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p22
Examines the impact of Ontario government's plan to purchase textbooks for elementary students on educational publishers in Canada in its budget on May 5, 1998. Activities under three phases of the plan; Controversy regarding the government's intention to buy books written by Canadian authors...