Around The States
- Resources for teaching money skills. // Curriculum Review;Apr2002, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p8
Focuses on the use of Web-based resources for teaching money skills among kids in the U.S. Financial education activities of kid-centered Web site Bank Jr.; Information provided by Kid's Money Web page; Curriculum materials of the JumpStart Coalition sites.
- Professional Development Through Distance Learning. Moore, Kimberly B. // Early Childhood Today;Apr2002, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p6
Focuses on the impact of distance learning (online services) on early childhood education in the U.S. Definition of distance learning; Types of distance learning; List of strategies for successful distance learning.
- ON THE WEB. // T H E Journal;Nov2000, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p56
Presents education-related Web sites in the United States. FreeZone Online; Homeworkspot.com; iKnowThat.com.
- F.Y.I. // T H E Journal;Sep2002, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p38
Reports developments related to online education in the U.S. as of September 2002. Features of the Classroom.com. management system; Launch of the AcePrep.com; Growth of affiliate sites by Teachers.Net.
- notebook. // District Administration;May2002, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p8
Reports several developments on education in the U.S. as of May 2002. Selection of Edison Schools to oversee the improvement of school district in Philadelphia; Additional features for the facts.org education Web site in Florida; Appointment of John Lawrence as the president of the American...
- Web wonders. Pool, Carolyn R. // Educational Leadership;May98, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p88
Presents information on a number of Web sites in the United States dedicated to education. Web sites for parents, families and teachers; Information on W eb sites on communities; Addresses and names of these sites.
- Web site news... // Electronic Education Report;03/17/99, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p8
Presents news items related to electronic education Web sites in the United States as of March 17, 1999. Includes Web site of CyberSmart! School Program; Web site of Tudor Publishing; Miller Freeman's Web site.
- USING THE WEB FOR SOCIAL STUDIES ENRICHMENT. McCoach, D. Betsy // Gifted Child Today;Summer2002, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p48
Focuses on the use of the Internet for social studies curriculum in the U.S. Improvement of supplementary resources in public library; Impact of Web site on students; Method of Web evaluation in education.
- Education Newswatch. // Teaching Pre K-8;Aug/Sep2002, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p12
Presents news briefs on education in the U.S. as of September 2002. Opening of the Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art in Northampton, Massachusetts; Launch of a free Web site by Evan-Moor Educational Publishers for educators; Information on Lowe's Home Safety Council.