Web-Tool Use Grows, But College Students Prefer Print Textbooks
- Textbooks and teaching: A lesson from students. Besser, Donna; Stone, Gerald // Journalism & Mass Communication Educator;Winter99, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p4
Assesses the value of college textbooks based on the views of students from two universities in the United States. Specific aspects of textbooks that make them a valuable learning tool or a hindrance to learning; Ease of reading textbooks versus primary source material; Textbook content...
- Penny Pinching 101. // Community College Week;2/17/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p9
Focuses on the problem of college students in acquiring textbooks for their classes in the U.S. Results of surveys on the attitude of students toward textbooks; Costs of textbooks; Impact of television and the Internet on college education.
- Crash and learn. Lorinc, John // Quill & Quire;Nov96, Vol. 62 Issue 11, p1
Reports the problems faced by university and college students on the purchasing of textbooks. Failure to buy a textbook while in high school; Increase in the prices of accounting text; Early retirement of instructors and professors.
- NACS Undertakes Consciousness Raising Among Faculty to Boost College Textbook Sales. // Educational Marketer;3/31/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p1
Reports on a campaign initiated by the National Association of College Stores in an effort to get more college students to buy textbooks.
- UK university students want textbooks as part of fees. // Information World Review;9/26/2012, p3
The article reports that according to a survey, 80 percent of the Great Britain students want universities to offer textbooks free to them as part of their fees and 63 percent reported happiness with online devices that helped them learn better.
- BANKING ON BETTER BOOKS. Nieva, Richard // Fortune International (Asia);7/2/2012, Vol. 166 Issue 1, p32
The article reports on San Francisco, California-based company Inkling offering college students some 150 electronic textbooks for the iPad.
- The Impact of Experience on College Students' Textbook Reading Practices. Culver, Tiffany F.; Morse, Linda // Journal of College Literacy & Learning;Jan2012, Vol. 38, p15
This study investigated the changes that occur in college students' reading compliance and metacognitive reading strategies as they progress through college. Researchers were interested in determining differences in (a) how first and second year students read and use a text for understanding...
- Closed Hearts, Closed Minds: The Textbook Story of Marriage. Glenn, Norval D. // Society;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p68
This article focuses on marriage as taught by undergraduate marriage and family textbooks in the U.S. What students are being taught by these textbooks is probably doing them more harm than good. First, current textbooks convey a determinedly pessimistic view of marriage. Both by what they say...
- Save & Make Money on Your Textbooks for College A Free Resource for all Americans. // Washington Informer;9/2/2010, Vol. 46 Issue 46, p20
The article focuses on the services of Textbooks.com and Chegg.com companies to college students for renting books with significant discounts in which students can both save ands earn money through purchasing their books in the companies.