Harcourt, CTB And ETS Chase California High Stakes Testing Contract
- Courts Back Moves To End Busing Plans. Snider, William // Education Week;1/13/1988, Vol. 7 Issue 15/16, p1
The article reports on the failure of the Educational Testing Service (ETS) and the National Council of Teachers of English to settle their bids for five-year contracts to continue running two of the federally funded information clearinghouses on education in the United States. The ETS lost its...
- Great Start. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;9/3/2007, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p8
A quiz about different topics that appeared in the September 3, 2007 issue of this magazine is presented.
- sticky SITUATION. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;11/19/2007, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p7
This article presents a quiz dealing with a personal dilemma is presented.
- Touch the Sky. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;2/4/2008, Vol. 76 Issue 15, p2
A quiz about a graph on the world's tallest skyscrapers is presented.
- WORD workout. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;2/4/2008, Vol. 76 Issue 15, p8
A vocabulary quiz for children is presented.
- Indianapolis Adds Online Tests, While South Dakota Drops Them. // Educational Marketer;3/3/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p3
Reports that second-through ninth-graders in the 41,000-student Indianapolis, Indiana school district in the spring of 2003 will switch to new electronic adaptive tests in reading, language arts and mathematics.
- In Other Testing News. // Educational Marketer;4/7/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p2
Presents news briefs pertaining to educational testing in the U.S. as of April 7, 2003, including Virginia's decision to withdraw the 'Stanford 9' exams from Harcourt Educational Measurement.
- World's Largest Animals. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;10/2/2006, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p4
This article presents a set of questions about the largest animals based on the bar graph showing the size of blue whale compared with that of other large animals.
- What's the Word? // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;10/2/2006, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p4
This article presents a series of questions for children about the articles published in this issue.