Questia Media Shrinks, Searching For a Future
- Currents. // American Libraries;May2005, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p56
Reports on the selection and appointment of library professionals in the U.S., as of May 2005. Bette Ammon at Coeur d'Alene Public Library; Lori Barkema at the Cedar Rapids Public Library; Linda Bessmer at Questia Media.
- Online Library Service Questia Gains Its First Campus Subscriber. // Educational Marketer;06/18/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 18, p6
Reports on the first college subscriber of Questia Media, an online library service for college students that launched in January 2001.
- Deep cuts at Questia. Letts, Mike // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;06/04/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p30
Reports the retrenchment of 139 employees in the online library service provider Questia. Consideration of the move as the effect of the company's digitization process.
- Questia Academic Site Goes Live. Hilts, Paul // Publishers Weekly;1/22/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 4, p187
Focuses on the launching of Questia Media's online service designed to help college students write research papers in January 2001. Value of the project; Other functions of the service; Implication of the effort.
- Dot-Coms Offer Libraries for a Fee. Minkel, Walter // School Library Journal;Jan2001, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p35
Provides information on Internet companies offering library services. Goal of Questia; Purpose of JonesKnowledge's e-global library.
- Questia online service revolutionizes student research. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/18/2001-6/25/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p20
Reports Questia Media, Inc.'s online service that offers students research materials. Benefits of the service; Research topics; Overview of the Questia business model.
- Questia Trims Even Further. Nawotka, Ed; Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;2/4/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 5, p11
Reports on the dismissal of more employees at Questia Media Inc. in 2001. Need for the company to streamline operations by reducing the number of employees according to executives.
- Questia.com Slashes Staff to Save Cash. Nawotka, Edward // Publishers Weekly;11/26/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 48, p9
Focuses on the decision of Questia.com to lay off some of its staff. Reason behind the decision of the company to reduce its staff; Plan of Questia to add direct marketing and expand partnerships with other companies to boost its performance; Amount raised by the company's founder since 1998.
- Gale Adds Questia Media to its Library Offerings. // Educational Marketer;2/ 1/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p6
The article reports on the move of Stamford, Connecticut-based reference and data aggregator for schools and libraries Gale Group Inc. to acquire the assets of Houston, Texas-based online library service provider Questia Media Inc.