Florida Aims to Set National Pace in Reading
- The Morgridge International Reading Center University of Central Florida: Leverage For Third Millennium Educators and Students. Puig, Enrique A.; Wegmann, Susan J. // Journal of Reading Education;Spring/Summer2010, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p5
The article focuses on the Morgridge International Reading Center at the University of Central Florida (UCF) which serves the third millennium teachers and students. It says that the Center aims to facilitate communication among professional university-based research scholars and school-based...
- Florida Program Spotlights Language and Literacy. Lieberman, R. Jane; Rosa-Lugo, Linda I. // ASHA Leader;5/8/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p16
This article discusses how the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders (DCSD) at the University of Central Florida (UCF) in Orlando, Florida began offering specialized course work and practicum experiences to prepare students to work with individuals who demonstrate spoken and written...
- Nature: UCF nanoparticle discovery opens door for pharmaceuticals. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;8/1/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article informs that a student from the University of Central Florida has discovered a new method for the mass production of nanoparticles.
- EDITOR'S NOTE. Shambrook, Jennifer // Research Management Review;2013, Vol. 19 Issue 2, pvii
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the Research Management Review (RMR), the Collaboration of government in practice, and the case study of University of Central Florida regarding the Implementation of new policies.
- CORRECTION. // Athletic Business;Aug2011, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p16
A correction to the article regarding the University of Central Florida Recreation and Wellness Center project which appeared in the June 2011 issue of "Architectural Showcase," is presented.
- Journal of Translational Medicine: New diagnostic tool determines aggressiveness of prostate cancer. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;4/28/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article provides information on a study that not only determines whether a patient has prostate cancer, but also how aggressive it is by the research team at the University of Central Florida NanoScience Technology Center.
- Diva's Event. // Hotspots Magazine;Nov2012, Vol. 27 Issue 47, p170
Photographs of several participants during the Diva's Event held at the University of Central Florida (UCF) are presented.
- NBA leads way in diversity among men's pro sports. Gonzalez, Antonio // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;6/16/2010, Vol. 43 Issue 19, p3
The article reports that sports diversity is still led by the National Basketball Association (NBA), as noted by University of Central Florida's Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sport.
- Hotel school receives $2 million gift. // Hotel & Motel Management;05/19/97, Vol. 212 Issue 9, p18
Announces the scholarship grant offered by Harris Rosen to the University of Central Florida. Amount of the scholarship grant; Hotels owned by Rosen.