- EM Pulse. // Educational Marketer;5/6/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 13, p1
Provides information on federal funding for a specific K-12 education program in the U.S. in 2002.
- capitol trivia. // State News (Council of State Governments);Nov/Dec2007, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p5
A trivia question on general fund expenditures for elementary and secondary education in the U.S. for 2006 is presented.
- Moody's Sees Tough Times Ahead for Higher Education. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;7/3/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31421, p3
Reports the effects of the financial pressures on higher education in the U.S. Reduction of the state appropriations; Decline of endowment returns; Competition between the private and public universities.
- Congress May Push Pell Increase Through a Back Door. Dervarics, Charles // Community College Week;5/27/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 21, p3
Reports the effort of the Congress on increasing funding for Pell Grants in the U.S. Proposal of the government of funding the Pell shortfall; Impact of Pell Grant funding crisis students under the grant; Filing of an emergency spending bill for funding.
- Education Spending Lag? Tice, Terrence N. // Education Digest;Dec90, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p46
This article introduces a paper by the Hudson Institute, Indianapolis, Indiana, which addresses the myth that the U.S. lags in education spending as of December 1990.
- Taking Charge. Halstead, Ted; Lind, Michael // Washington Monthly;Apr2001, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p39
Discusses the importance of federal funding of education in the United States (U.S.). Problem with education in the U.S.; Illustration on the design of the country's school funding mechanism; How the country finances K-12 education; Sources of federal funding.
- Comments on R. Jackman and J. Papadachi. Windham, Douglas M. // Public Choice;1981, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p441
Comments on a research which assessed the sources of variations in the education expenditure in England and Wales in 1981. Implications of the research for education policies implemented in the U.S.; Factors influencing the education expenditures in the regions; Criticisms on the analysis of...
- Hard Knocks. Agron, Joe // American School & University;May2008, Vol. 80 Issue 9, p6
The article focuses on the findings of the Official Education Construction Report regarding the education institutions in the U.S. as of 2007. According to the report, spending on construction by the nation's education institutions represented a low point in expenditure this decade. Moreover, it...
- Higher education: At what cost? Mountjoy, John // Spectrum: Journal of State Government;Winter2000, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p5
Focuses on the funding of higher education in the United States for the 21st century. Rise in the state spending for higher education; Priority of government officials with regard to public expenditures; Difficulties in maintaining funding levels of higher education; Suggestions to increase...