Blackboard and WebCT Competition Heats Up
- NetLibrary Teams With Blackboard To Offer Ebooks To College Market. // Educational Marketer;02/19/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p3
Focuses on the agreement signed by electronic book producer netLibrary with Blackboard Inc. to utilize the electronic learning software platform of Blackboard.
- CourseSmart Collaborates with Platform Providers. // Educational Marketer;7/30/2012, Vol. 44 Issue 16, p6
The article reports on the separate agreement signed by the digital course material provider CourseSmart LLC with technology platform provider Blackboard Inc. to expand its channel access in the higher education market in the U.S.
- Blackboard Joins with George Washington University. // Community College Week;3/4/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 15, SPECIAL SECTION p27
Focuses on the agreement signed between the George Washington University, in Washington D.C. and Blackboard Inc. for the transition of the Prometheus project from the university to Blackboard. Terms of the deal; Implications of the deal; Information on Prometheus' community-source course...
- Blackboard Outcomes System Gains Traction. // Educational Marketer;9/3/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 17, p6
The article reports on the success of Outcomes System, a software tool launched by electronic learning platform provider Blackboard Inc. of Washington, D.C. Following its launch, the company had four contracts for the Outcomes System by the end of the first quarter of 2007, and expects 21 more...
- in the news. // Distance Education Report;2/1/2004, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p2
Presents news briefs on distance education, as of February 2004. Purpose of the video game Conclave designed by Stephen Haliczer of Northern Illinois University; Details of a contract signed by the U.S. Department of Defense with Blackboard Inc.; Information on the Stitching Values Together...
- E-Learning Platform Growth. // Educational Marketer;9/1/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 17, p2
The article reports on the growth of electronic learning providers in the U.S. It notes on Blackboard Inc.'s revenue increase by 27.2 percent in the second quarter of 2007. It announces Blackboard Learning System winning new contracts for higher education with the Montana-based University of...
- Financial Briefs ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;3/14/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p8
The article offers business related-news briefs in the U.S. including the plan of Courier Corp. to close its manufacturing plant on April 30, 2011, and the board of directors of Blackboard LLC's approval of the share repurchase program and authorized to purchase 100 million dollars of its common...
- Financial Briefs ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;5/23/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p8
The article offers news briefs related to the business revenue e of educational publishing companies in the U.S. in the first quarter of fiscal 2011 including the 17.5-percent increase in revenue of Blackboard Inc., the 21.3-percent-decline in revenue of Princeton Review Inc., and the...
- Blackboard Aims For Standard With Building Blocks Initiative. // Educational Marketer;11/20/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 33, p5
Discusses the Building Blocks initiative of Blackboard Inc., aimed at making the Blackboard content management and delivery system more open for developers and users at academic institutions.