ETS Wins California Testing Contract
- News Briefs ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;4/27/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p8
The article reports on the 73,517 dollars contract awarded to the Princeton, New Jersey-based Educational Testing Service by the U.S. Department of Education to produce a feasibility study on the use of reading achievement levels developed in 1992 in reporting the results of the 2009 National...
- Application Errors Complicate Florida's Master-Teacher Plan. // Education Week;2/13/1985, Vol. 4 Issue 21, p2
The article reports on the problems faced by the master-teacher program in Florida. An erroneous set of application forms for the program have resulted to the dropping out of otherwise qualified teachers as candidates. Florida has a contract with the Educational Testing Service Inc. to...
- Accenture wins ETS deal. // Printing World;11/11/2004, Vol. 288 Issue 8, p17
Reports that Accenture has won a five-year multimillion contract to manage the document supply chain for Educational Testing Service, the world's largest private educational measurement firm.
- Florida and Arizona Award State Testing Contracts. // Educational Marketer;6/ 8/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p1
The article reports on the state testing contracts awarded to Pearson PLC in the U.S. It highlights the five-year contract awarded to Pearson by the Department of Education for the Next Generation Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test (FCAT) which amounted to 254.1 million dollars. It mentions...
- ETS Adds Data Management with Pulliam Group Acquisition. // Educational Marketer;3/1/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the completion of the acquisition of the Pulliam Group by Educational Testing Service Inc. providing K-12 instructional development software and services. Terms of the transaction; Number of employees in the company; Prediction of ETS Pulliam on revenue.
- Courts Back Moves To End Busing Plans. Snider, William // Education Week;1/13/1988, Vol. 7 Issue 15/16, p1
The article reports on the failure of the Educational Testing Service (ETS) and the National Council of Teachers of English to settle their bids for five-year contracts to continue running two of the federally funded information clearinghouses on education in the United States. The ETS lost its...
- California Extends STAR Contract With ETS. // Educational Marketer;4/10/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p6
The article reports that the California Board of Education has awarded a contract with Educational Testing Service Inc. to design and administer the state's Standardized Testing and Reporting Program for grades 2-11. The contract, which runs through 2009, is worth $170 million.
- EIS Wins Five-Year NAEP Contract, Continuing Firm's Work Since 1983. Cavanagh, Sean // Education Week;10/24/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p4
The article announces that Educational Testing Service (ETS) has been awarded a contract with the National Assessment of Educational Progress. ETS will continue to collect and analyze educational statistics for the U.S. Department of Education, which is responsible for the administration of the...
- Competition among assessment companies tests the industry. A. D. // District Administration;Oct2015, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p24
The article reports on the competition among testing companies in the U.S. for state assessment contracts after the first round of Common Core examinations spurred new expectations from state and district education leaders.