Partnerships & Acquisitions
- Wiley Outpaces the Industry with 3% Gains in U.S. College Sales in the August-October Period. // Educational Marketer;12/8/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the financial performance of educational publisher John Wiley & Sons Inc. in the U.S. Increase of revenue from the college market; Increase of sales from new accounting books; Improvement of market share.
- Wiley Greets Fall with New College Titles. // Educational Marketer;9/15/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 18, p4
The article reports on the publication of a number of college textbooks editions of Hoboken, New Jersey-based John Wiley & Sons Inc. in the fiscal first quarter of 2008 aimed at increasing global revenue.
- Wiley's Pesce Sees Growth In College Market. // Educational Marketer;7/ 6/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 14, p1
The article reports on the expectation of William Pesce, chief executive officer (CEO) of John Wiley & Sons Inc., for the higher education publishing market in the U.S. in 2009. According to Pesce, the college market has been healthy in 2008 which is expected to continue until 2009. It states...
- Acquired Titles Boost Wiley's Revenue 6%. // Educational Marketer;7/8/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 20, p2
Reports on the increase in U.S. college revenue at educational publishing firm John Wiley and Sons Inc. in fiscal year 2002 ended April 30. Contribution of higher education division to company-wide profit; Acquisition of titles from Thomson Learning Inc.; Impact of college enrollments in...
- Wiley Looks to New Year for Revenue Improvement in Higher Ed Business. // Educational Marketer;1/7/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p1
The article focuses on the strategic planning by New Jersey-based educational publishing house John Wiley & Sons Inc. to improve revenue from its U.S. higher education business in the second half of 2008. The company believes that the basis for the improved outlook is a strong publishing...
- Wiley, U. of Texas Pilot Digital Textbook Solution. // Educational Marketer;10/27/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 21, p1
The article focuses on the digital textbook pilot program created by John Wiley & Sons Inc. and the University of Texas featuring a software licensing model that is different than the traditional college textbook sales process. The e-text initiative will begin on the Austin campus in spring 2009...
- Wiley Higher Education Up in Q1. // Educational Marketer;9/14/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 18, p1
No abstract available.
- Wiley Higher Ed Benefits From Digital Growth. // Educational Marketer;1/ 3/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p1
The article reports on the strong performance of college publishing company John Wiley & Sons Inc. in Hoboken, New Jersey in 2009 to 2010. It notes that the growth of the company and the industry is driven by the robust sales of digital products and services and the enrollment increase in...
- Wiley Education Revenue Jumps 9.7% in Fiscal 2014. // Educational Marketer;6/26/2014, Vol. 45 Issue 13, p1
The article reports on the 9.7-percent increase in the revenue of the educational segment at John Wiley and Sons in Hoboken, New Jersey. The revenue has reached $367 million in fiscal 2014 driven by digital products and services. The education segment has also produced the strongest...