Federal Panel Reviews Reading First Grants
- Dept. of Ed Announces Race to the Top Finalists. // NSTA Express;3/8/2010, p2
The article informs that the U.S. Department of Education (DoED) announced that 15 states and the District of Columbia are finalists for phase 1 of the Race to the Top grant, which is given to re-shape educational system of the U.S. to better engage and prepare students for success in a...
- More news on the Technology Literacy Fund. Mather, Mary Anne // Technology & Learning;Feb97, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p50
Reports on the requirements for state governments in the United States vying for the Technology Literacy Challenge Fund scholarship of the US Department of Education. Financial sources of the fund; Objectives of the fund.
- ED deadline to approve state K-12 plans looms. Hoff, David J. // Education Week;06/18/97, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p15
Reports on the implications of the delay in the approval of the federal school funding for 12 states by the US Department of Education. Temporary withholding of the money from states without approved plans by the deadline on July 1, 1997; Possibility that the 12 states' eligibility for funding...
- (EDUCATION) DoEd Offers $3M for Education Services for Migrant Children. // Children & Youth Funding Report;4/9/2010, p26
The article reports that the Department of Education (DoEd) will offer three million dollars funds for Migrant Education Program (MEP) Consortium Incentive Grants to state educational agencies (SEAs) for education services for migrant children in the U.S.
- (RULES) DoEd Seeks Evaluation of $400M Teacher Incentive Fund Winners. // Children & Youth Funding Report;5/7/2010, p6
The article reports the evaluation of the U.S. Education Department to those who will receive the 400 million dollars grant Teacher Incentive Fund (TIF) that aims to improve student achievement, reforms in teacher and principal compensation systems, and increasing the effective teachers for...
- Star Schools receive federal funds. // Techniques: Making Education & Career Connections;Oct96, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p12
Reports on the grants awarded by the US Education Department's Star Schools program to projects that will use telecommunications to bring better instruction to underserved population.
- Education key to future work force. Rathgeber, John R. // Fairfield County Business Journal;6/7/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 23, p42
In this article, the author discusses the role of education in improving the workforce with the Race to the Top grant funding from the U.S. Department of Education for Connecticut.
- Indianola receives $5.99 million in educational grants and funds. // Jackson Advocate;1/3/2013, Vol. 75 Issue 12, p9A
The article reports that the Indianola Promise Community in Indianola, Mississippi has received $5,997,093 million in educational grants and funds from the 2012 Promise Neighborhood grant approved by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Greater Waco Advanced Manufacturing Academy Awarded $2.2 Million Grant. // Welding Journal;Jan2014, Vol. 93 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the $2.2-million grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Education to the Waco Independent School District in Waco, Texas to further enhance the Greater Waco Advanced Manufacturing Academy, which has been teaching welding skills to students from Waco and the surrounding area.