- FREE WEBINAR: THE STATE OF EDUCATION FACILITIES AND TRENDS IN CONSTRUCTION PROCUREMENT. // American School & University;Mar2015, Vol. 87 Issue 7, p6
The article focuses on the American School & University webinar held on April 9, 2015 which looks into the state of education facilities and the impact of enrollment on school and college infrastructure.
- Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine: Stepping Towards the Future. Syroney, Mark // Podiatry Management;Aug2007, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p208
The article focuses on the transition in the Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine (OCPM). The college will be moving from its present location in the University Circle in Cleveland, Ohio, to its new home in Independence, Ohio. The new facility will provide a state-of-the-art educational and...
- Building with Purpose. Grossman, Rachel // American School & University;Jan2000, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p26
Forecasts technological innovations in colleges and universities in the United States for the 21st century. Description of the facilities connected through computers; Issue on distance learning; Design of campuses.
- SCORECARD. // American School & University;May2003, Vol. 75 Issue 9, p6
Reports on school construction costs in the U.S. Amount spent on the construction of new facilities in 2002; Forecast on the budget for education institutions projects; Projection on the amount universities and colleges would spend on construction through 2005.
- PROJECT FILE. // American School & University;May2003, Vol. 75 Issue 9, p12
Describes several school construction projects and facilities in the U.S. Amenities at St. John's University in Jamaica, New York State; Architect for the construction of the P.S.28 Queens early-childhood center in New York City; Project architect of Student Housing Complex at the California...
- A NEED FOR CHANGE. Ellsworth, Douglas // American School & University;Jul2003, Vol. 75 Issue 11, p30
Focuses on the trend of U.S. colleges and universities installing automatic sprinkler systems in residence halls and classroom buildings. Overview of school fire tragedies in the region; Challenge of installing sprinkler systems; Factors to be considered when selecting a contractor for the project.
- MIXED RESULTS. Agron, Joe // American School & University;May2005, Vol. 77 Issue 10, p29
Presents an overview of the "31st Annual Official Education Construction Report," of the periodical "American School & University" which focused on construction spending by school districts and colleges in the U.S. in 2004. Decrease in overall spending on education construction; Cost of...
- Faster, smarter, more able. // American School & University;Jan2000, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p22
Focuses on the college education in the United States for the 21st century. Students' perspective on a college life; Issues on the design and materials for the buildings and facilities.
- CASE STUDY: CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, CHANNEL ISLANDS. Wylie, Deborah // University Business;Dec2008, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p58
The article presents a case study on the renovation at California State University in Channel Islands. The renovation was prompted by the school's floor heights that were wrong, ancient electrical systems and too small classrooms for modern teaching. The first new building for science was opened...