Dallas Puts Off Bond Election in Face of $83M Deficit
- Chapter 3: Achieving fiscal sustainability. // OECD Economic Surveys: Italy;Jun2007, Vol. 2007 Issue 12, p83
Italy's budget deficit contracted last year and further improvement is expected to occur with the implementation of the 2007 budget. This is a welcome development that results from both unexpected revenue buoyancy and a greater degree of spending control. Nonetheless, the state of public...
- Taxing Times. EDWARDS, SCOTT M. // Seattle Business;Jan2011, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p16
The article focuses on the challenge facing the Washington state legislature on pushing for tax increases to balance the budget amid opposition from voters. The state has passed a final budget in April 2010 that includes 800 million dollars in tax increases. The legislature proposed to raise the...
- CONNECTICUT: State, Locals Mind the Gap. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;10/27/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32990, p9
The article reports on the commitment of Connecticut Governor M. Jodi Rell to maintain local aid and keep tax rates at current levels as state and municipal officials address the state's $300 million budget shortfall. Rell wants to assure municipalities that the government will find ways to...
- Cut Spending--Tax Cuts Are Not Enough. Stossel, John // Human Events;5/21/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 18, p1
The author stresses the disadvantage of reducing tax rates without cutting deficit spending in the U.S. According to him tax cuts increased tax revenues because lower rates imply higher rewards for productive activities. He says that the Office of Management and Budget estimates a surplus in...
- Tarrant County City-by-City Tax Rate Guide. // Business Press;03/05/99, Vol. 11 Issue 44, p14A
Features the 1998 tax rate guide for Tarrant County, Texas. Tax rates for city, school and special districts.
- Denton County City-by-City Tax Rate Guide. // Business Press;03/05/99, Vol. 11 Issue 44, p14A
Features the 1998 tax rate guide for Denton County, Texas. Tax rates for city, school and special districts.
- ECONOMIC OUTLOOK 2013. Park, Michelle // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/7/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p0013
The article reports that the financial sector's main concerns for 2013 are tax rates and possible tighter regulation.
- GREEN EYESHADE TIME. // New Republic;1/6/86 - 1/13/86, Vol. 194 Issue 1/2, p4
Focuses on efforts of the U.S. government to close a multibillion dollar gap in the target budget deficit for the fiscal year 1987. Plan of the government to sell the Federal Housing Agency to private bidders; Deductions on medical care despite its exemption from the Gramm-Rudman Act of 1686;...
- BARTER IN THE COURT. Neely, Richard // New Republic;2/10/86, Vol. 194 Issue 6, p13
Examines the hidden economic costs of divorce and existing laws on child custody in the U.S. Focus on the existing divorce laws and policies in the country; Reference to how divorce laws' unpredictability can be used to terrorize women into bartering away their support; Discussion of the...