Institutional Cash Infusion Overwhelms Outflows From Retail Sector
- Retail. // Investment Dealers' Digest;06/26/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 26, p40
Presents statistics of the financial transactions of the retail industry in the United States for the week of June 24, 2000. Retail underwriting volume; Value of underwriting fees; Equity and debt deals completed.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Albannese, Elizabeth; Newman, Emily; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/15/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31636, p2
Presents news items related to developments in the field of public finance in the U.S. as of May 15, 2003. Decision of the Texas Senate to grant the state's 1 billion dollar rainy-day fund to supplement a number of health and human services programs; Decline in sales at U.S. retailers during...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Hume, Lynn; Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;6/13/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31656, p2
Presents news briefs related to developments in the securities industry of the U.S. as of June 13, 2003. Trend observed in the sales at the retailers in May 2003; Decrease in the first-time applications for state unemployment benefits; Increase in business inventories in the month of April.
- Inflation and Prices. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jun99, p7
Reports that retail price growth in United States accelerated in April 1999, as the consumer price index surged. Implication of the increase in the retail prices between March and April 1999; Direction of import product; Information on the inflation performance of United States.
- Inflation and Prices. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jul2002, p2
Presents several charts and graphs depicting the status of inflation and consumer price index (CPI) as of April 2002 in the U.S. Rate of increase of the CPI; Indications of the stable pattern of retail price increases; Divergence in behavior among the prices of different goods.
- Expansion continues with few signs of inflation. Hoxter, Curtis J. // Caribbean Business;8/26/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 33, p8
Reports that the United States economy is expanding with little signs of inflation based on the findings of the Federal Reserve's Regional Report Card. Strength in the manufacturing, retail and construction sectors; Rising demand for loans; Labor demand surpassing labor supply.
- Energy buoys double-digit inflation, food price surge ebbs in second quarter. Howell, Craig; Clem, Andrew; Lamb, Eddie // Monthly Labor Review;Sep79, Vol. 102 Issue 9, p49
Focuses on rate of inflation in retail markets in the United States. Upsurge in prices for energy-related items during the second quarter of 1979; Slowdown of rise in the Producer Price Index for Finished Goods; Curtailment of flow of funds to thrift institutions.
- Slower growth hurts retailers but may ease inflation pressure. Kamerick, Megan // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/18/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 26, p25
Forecasts the impact of inflation estimates for 2000 on retail trade trends in the United States. Slowdown of consumer spending; Recession of earnings expected by department stores.
- April 3, 2013: The Week in Stocks. // Supermarket News Expert Blog;4/ 3/2013, p3
A chart is presented that offers information on the performance of U.S. retailers in the U.S. stocks market during the week of April 3, 2013 including Ahold, Arden Group and Costco Cos.